Measures of Success
OHSU is the kind of place where the big news doesn't always involve sports, politics, fashion or even weather. The big news is always about health — health care, health education, health-related research. And various organizations and publications that rank American institutions, programs and faculty in a variety of categories have taken note.
Awards & Recognitions
As one of Portland’s premier employers, OHSU is committed to providing comprehensive, affordable and customizable benefits for our employees. Our total rewards package includes benefits that meet the essential health needs of employees and their families, help secure a strong financial future and enhance wellbeing.
Working at OHSU
Living in Oregon
Oregon offers seasonal beauty, awe-inspiring vistas, cultural delights and an abundance of recreational activity.
- The Coast
- Mt. Hood and The Gorge
- Willamette Valley
- Southern Oregon
- Central Oregon
- Eastern Oregon
Living in Oregon
Diversity, equity and inclusion
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are central to OHSU's core values. This value sets the tone for how we operate today and where we're headed. Embracing diversity, equity and inclusion gives us the power to be better at what we do and to demonstrate integrity, compassion, and leadership in healing, teaching, research and community service. This vision isn't just expressed in words on a page.
At OHSU, there is a deep institutional commitment to equity, to examining how societal factors such as racism, economic inequalities and disparities in health and health care impact our hospital system and university classrooms, to be the torchbearers leading the way to a more inclusive community of diverse healers, thinkers and leaders. What an exciting time to be part of the OHSU community, carrying forward the simple concept that all are welcome here.
Center for Diversity and Inclusion
A look over the horizon
With the world changing rapidly around us, OHSU created a strategic plan in 2007 to look over the horizon and establish a road map for 2020. OHSU’s strategic plan, Vision 2020, sets a big goal for how to best serve Oregonians. We want to help make Oregon a national leader in health and science innovation to improve the health and well-being of all Oregonians. It’s a big goal – but we think we can get there. Here are a few of the steps along the way:
- Help meet workforce shortages in the health and science professions so that Oregonians can find a healthcare provider when they need one.
- Through leading edge research made possible by the Oregon Opportunity, find the next generation of treatments and cures to improve the quality of healthcare that Oregonians receive.
- Help develop policy and care delivery solutions that make it possible for all Oregonians to have access to high-quality healthcare.
- Reinvent health education so that health care providers, scientists and engineers train together to better prepare them to work together in the community.
- Partner with communities, industry, other colleges and universities, and private citizens to develop community-based solutions to community problems.
To achieve our goals, we must collaborate, integrate, innovate and pursue sustainable excellence. These principles help us develop and share new knowledge, improve education and patient care, and enhance community service while providing excellent stewardship of public and philanthropic funding.
Back to Top
Set up a Job Alert
to be notified when Oregon Health and Science University posts new jobs.