A cover letter is required for consideration.
- Master's Degree
- 5+ years experience in directly student-facing positions such as academic advising, admissions, student affairs, or related fields of higher education.
- 3+ years managerial experience.
- We expect a strong commitment to the residential University experience and being physically present for students and community members.
- Must have exceptional oral and written communication skills, be able to interact with a diverse constituency including faculty, staff, and students.
- Must possess exemplary customer service skills, demonstrated ability to manage people and projects effectively, and the ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Track record of proactive engagement with or support of programs aiming to broaden participation of women and members of underrepresented minorities in STEM.
- Exceptional public speaking and presentation skills.
- Must have comfort working with uncertainty and in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment.
- Flexibility is a must.
- Positivity and teamwork is a must.
- Leadership skills to foster a sense of belonging and community engagement
- Familiarity with processes for admissions and financial aid.
- Experience with academic misconduct adjudication.
- Experience advising students facing academic difficulty who are at risk of probation and/or expulsion.
- Experience with large event planning and coordination.
- Demonstrated ability to imagine, create, and execute student-centered programs.
- Commitment to helping students find their own passion and in turn their own path through a flexible dynamic curriculum.
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty, will need to be in compliance with Boston University's COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University's response to COVID-19, please visit the Back2BU site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.