The College of Science and Engineering (CSE) and the Office of Admissions is seeking a highly motivated, focused, and results-oriented CSE Admissions Counselor. This position will represent the College of Science and Engineering to prospective students, prospective student families, and high school officials in Minnesota while providing customer service to prospective students from a variety of geographical locations and identities, including racial and ethnic backgrounds.
This is a full-time, P&A, non-exempt position. Salary range is $41,000-$44,000 depending on qualifications. This includes an excellent benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life/LTD insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, 22 PTO days, one personal holiday in addition to the existing 11 University holidays.
The University of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
· Competitive wages, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave
· Low cost medical, dental, and pharmacy plans
· Health care and dependent daycare flexible spending accounts
· Excellent retirement plans with employer match
· Disability and employer-paid life insurance
· Wellbeing program with reduced insurance premiums
· Tuition reimbursement opportunities covering 75%-100% of eligible tuition
· Student loan forgiveness opportunity
· Opportunities for growth and promotion
· Employee Assistance Program
â— Serve as a key member of the Office of Admissions freshman recruitment and CSE student services teams, in the capacity of Admissions Counselor.
â— Represent the University and CSE to high school students, families, high school teachers, and guidance counselors.
â— Make extensive outreach efforts via telephone, in person, and written communication to prospective students and their families.
â— Plan and execute recruitment events and activities aimed at recruiting and facilitating the enrollment of high school students, specifically historically underrepresented populations of females and students of color to CSE under the direction of the Office of Admissions and CSE student services, and in close collaboration with CSE student groups.
â— Plan, participate, and work with general and multicultural high school student recruitment outreach activities on and off campus.
â— Evaluate academic and other admissions credentials for admission decision and counseling
â— Responsible for the successful implementation and tracking of various admissions/recruitment projects.
â— Oversee hiring, onboarding, and management of CSE Ambassador tour guides for facilities tours of CSE specific buildings
â— Collaborate with CSE Scholarship coordinator on collegiate scholarship funding and assist in award recommendations throughout the application cycle
â— Serve as a member of the Collegiate Life Office within CSE Student Services
• BA/BS with at least two years of relevant experience.
• Must be able to travel regionally and nationally, sometimes overnight
• Ability to work evenings/weekends as needed
• Demonstrated commitment to fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion in practice
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including public speaking and/or recruitment experience.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative.
• Preference given to candidates with University of Minnesota experience, defined broadly, such as former student, graduate, employee, or community member of any campus
• Preference given to candidates with admissions and/or recruitment experience.
• Event planning or project management experience preferred.
The University of Minnesota, founded in the belief that all people are enriched by understanding, is dedicated to the advancement of learning and the search for truth; to the sharing of this knowledge through education for a diverse community; and to the application of this knowledge to benefit the people of the state, the nation, and the world.