Hiring Range – Minimum to Midpoint ($5,198 – 6,497/monthly)
Brief Description of Position: Under the direction of the Vice President for Student Success & Support Services, the Dean of Student Services provides leadership to a comprehensive student services division. The Dean works to enhance student learning and success in accordance with the College’s strategic plan and promotes consistency of service delivery by ensuring college policies and procedures are fairly administered using a customer friendly approach. The Dean ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal regulations. Departments reporting to the Dean include admissions, enrollment management, registration, records, financial aid, advising, career services, disability services, TRIO programs, and student activities.
Essential Responsibilities 1. Formulate and recommend policies and procedures for development, implementation, and evaluation of Student Services programs, operations, and personnel.
2. Participate in policy and procedure formulation and decisions relating to academic programs, fiscal operations, institutional research, and other college functions to ensure the provision of effective services to students.
3. Establish working relationships with officials, institutions, agencies, and organizations at local, state, and national levels to promote the interests of the College.
4. Establish and maintain positive relationships with service agencies and other community resources.
5. Participate in the formulation of budgets for personnel, equipment, facilities, and other resources needed to accomplish the objectives of Student Services.
6. Supervise and evaluate the implementation of specific Student Services functions, including: admissions, enrollment management, registration, records, financial aid, advising, career services, disability services, TRIO programs, and student activities.
7. Supervise and evaluate Student Services personnel.
8. Recommend personnel for employment, reappointment, and termination.
9. Oversee and actively participate in the implementation of an effective strategy for student recruitment and retention activities, admissions, advising, registration, and graduation.
10. Counsel with students needing help with academic, social, or personal problems.
11. Enforce regulations of Student Code of Conduct as defined by College policies.
12. Attend appropriate professional conferences and represent the College as requested.
13. Serve on College standing committees or task forces as appointed.
14. Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Student Success & Support Services.
Salary: Hiring Range – Minimum to Midpoint ($5,198 – 6,497/monthly)
Western Piedmont Community College’s mission is to provide accessible, high-quality education that improves lives and promotes growth in our community offering over 100 Associate Degrees, Diplomas, and Certificates through 40 programs. Our vision is to become Burke County’s educational institution of choice where exemplary faculty and staff offer cutting edge programs of study in an inclusive environment thereby meeting local citizens’ educational needs which will foster regional economic growth. Western Piedmont Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate degrees.