* Answer eight phone lines for Parking & Transportation Services that include regular phone lines, deck payment stations, and transit
* Monitor and respond to radio traffic from parking enforcement employees and transportation drivers
* Log attendance and status of parking enforcement employees and transportation drivers
* Be familiar with the entire campus including building locations and all parking areas
* Know what parking permit is required for each area and understand restrictions and exceptions for each lot or deck
* Provide directions to all parking areas and campus buildings upon request
* Recommend parking options that make sense for each individual situation including payment options available
* Assist customers attempting to make payments in visitor parking areas with various issues including malfunctioning equipment, lack of payment and general directions to operate the machine
* Provide accurate football and other special event parking information including purchasing parking permits and different options for tailgating events
* Update records as requested from customers which includes verifying information in NC DMV database and Banner
* Monitor cameras and traffic flow in gated parking areas and assist with customer payments when needed
* Maintain accurate logs of malfunctioning meters, equipment and other issues which are reported
* Accurately enter notes into citations and permit records which may be helpful for appeal decisions and collection purposes
* Able to remain calm under stressful situations
* Able to research and link vehicle records to current students using NC DMV, parking permit software and Banner Student Accounts using all records to obtain link of address, parents name, etc.
* Able to effectively operate parking equipment management software to remotely open and lower deck gates, identify issues with equipment from alarms and report to appropriate person, re-tune equipment loops, verify permit access to determine equipment failure, verify permit access history, and send fees to exit verifiers or Pay on Foot stations as needed
* Respond to radio traffic and provide appropriate information to parking enforcement employees, transportation drivers, managers and supervisors regarding employee status, permit verification, vehicle update, and authorize citations as needed upon verification of appropriate records
Minimum Experience / Education:
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Graduation from high school and one year of related office experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
University Preferred Qualifications:
Graduation from high school and demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities gained through two years of specialized office experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education Skills and Experience:
Valid NC Drivers License.
Typing accuracy with a minimum of 55 WPM.
Minimum 2 years customer service experience.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to effectively and concisely communicate over multiple phone lines and two-way radios as necessary.
The ability to work independently.
Two (2) years full-time customer service experience and office/clerical work experience or an equivalent combination of training/experience.
Proven excellent customer service skills, able to respond with prompt and courteous services at all times.
Dispatch and/or call center experience and experience using two-way handheld radios and 10 codes.
Proficient in using a computer with intermediate skills in MS Office Suite (Word & Excel), Google Suite (Docs/Sheets, Calendar, Chat and Gmail).
Ability to learn industry-specific software.
Accurate data entry, both handwritten and computerized, skills.
Familiarity with UNCC campus a plus.
Experience working within multiple computer systems and programs simultaneously.
Knowledge of SKIDATA and NuPark parking systems desired.
Experience working in college/university setting desired.
Knowledge of and ability to work confidently with office productivity software
Ability to effectively and concisely communicate over multiple phone lines and two way radios.
Ability to display professionalism and problem resolution skills with customers at all times.
Proficient in using a computer with intermediate skills.
UNC Charlotte is North Carolina's urban research institution. Our campus is located in the piedmont of North Carolina, just two hours from the mountains and three hours from the Atlantic Ocean. A large public university with a small college feel, more than 27,200 students consider UNC Charlotte’s 1,000-acre campus their home away from home.