Head Men's Soccer Coach is responsible for maintaining a representative NCAA Division II athletic program that supports student recruitment and enhances the educational experience and personal growth of the student-athletes. The Head Men's Soccer Coach will manage the team and all aspects based on strict adherence to the University’s Department of Intercollegiate Athletics Policies and Procedures. The Head Coach is responsible for conducting all activities in accordance with all state and federal regulations, accreditation standards and the University’s policies and procedures, all conference and NCAA regulations consistent with the highest ethical standards.
1. Responsible for recruiting and training all men's soccer student-athletes.
2.Responsible for scheduling contests, arranging travel and transportation, following budgetary guidelines, purchasing equipment, inventory of equipment and supplies, and all issues related to the intercollegiate men’s soccer program.
3.Accurately and completely portrays University’s educational programs, expected outcomes, student services, and financial consideration to students, parents, and educators.
4. Monitors academic progress and eligibility of men's soccer student-athletes.
5.Participates in appropriate Department of Intercollegiate Athletics activities including: weekly staff meetings, training sessions, orientation programs, cultural and social activities, etc. Make available for any representational and public relations activities.
6.Communicate and cooperate in a highly professional manner with all departments and/or administrative units at Salem University relevant to problems or potential problems that may arise and, ultimately, have an impact on your program.
7.Conducts all activities in accordance with the highest ethical standards. Adheres to all state and federal regulations, accreditation standards, and the University’s and conference and NCAA policies and procedures, regarding intercollegiate athletic activities.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: • Bachelor’s degree required; Master preferred.
• Evidence of at least two years successful men’s soccer coaching experience required, preferably at the college/university level
• First Aid and CPR certification and must remain current.
• Valid Driver’s license/qualified to operate a passenger vehicle up to 12 or 15 passenger van consistent with university insurance regulations.