Who we are
Why Rensselaer? Our dynamic global community of changemakers includes some of the world’s leading researchers, students, alumni, and faculty who ask the important questions and devise the scientific and technological innovations that make the world a better place for all of humanity. Nestled on a beautiful 275-acre campus in upstate NY, Rensselaer is home to five schools, 32 research centers, three makerspaces, an observatory, and one of the world’s fastest supercomputers.
Rensselaer faculty and alumni include more than 145 National Academy members, six members of the National Inventors Hall of Fame, six National Medal of Technology winners, five National Medal of Science winners, three astronauts, and a Nobel Prize winner in Physics. With nearly 200 years of experience advancing scientific and technological knowledge, Rensselaer remains focused on addressing global challenges with a spirit of ingenuity and collaboration. To learn more, please visit www.rpi.edu.
Are you ready to change the world? Apply now!
The Undergraduate Class Dean is responsible for coordinating a holistic and developmental undergraduate experience for Rensselaer students as they progress from Sophomore to Senior year that advance Clustered Learning Advocacy and Support for Students (CLASS), the transformative student experience at Rensselaer. The primary role is to serve as case manager in support of individual students seeking support as they face various academic, administrative, personal, or experiential challenges. The secondary role is to develop a series of strategic class programs and initiatives that are planned and executed that will enhance student success, engagement and affinity group development across the cohort. The Undergraduate Class Dean works collaboratively with the faculty, advisors, and schools and other academic and administrative departments across campus to create an integrated, transformative student experience which promotes student success.
- Master’s degree in student personnel or higher education administration, education, social work or counseling.
- Five (5) or more years of professional experience, preferably in the areas of academic enrichment/coaching, case management, triage and crisis intervention and / or behavioral assessment
Applicants must meet stated minimum education and experience requirements.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in assessment, tracking, and case management
- Experience developing educational programs for college students
- Demonstrated skills in assessment & program evaluation
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet established goals and objectives
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Ability to work in fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Planning, organizing and effective time management skills
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems
Business Hours with weekends or evenings occasionally required
|Occasional overnight travel may be required(10% or less) |
Incidental driving possible, but not required
Follow the on-screen prompts to create a brief online profile. Please be ready to upload your resume and cover letter.
If you need assistance with the online application process, please contact email@example.com.
|Job Posted Date || |
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
|Culture of Safety at Rensselaer || |
Rensselaer is committed to providing a safe and healthy living, learning, and working environment for its faculty, staff and students. As such, we strongly recommend that faculty, staff and students obtain a COVID-19 vaccination and remain current with available boosters to protect themselves, as well as to protect vulnerable members of the community.
Total Compensation and Benefits Information
Rensselaer’s Total Compensation Program is designed to provide stable pay growth, a comprehensive and affordable benefits package, and a comprehensive and affordable retiree medical and prescription plan. Rensselaer is recognized locally and nationally for the depth and breadth of its compensation and benefits program. Our goal is to provide you and your family with a comprehensive health and welfare program as an umbrella of financial security and protection during your employment. For more information, please visit Benefits | Human Resources (rpi.edu).
We welcome candidates who will bring diverse cultural, ethnic, national and international perspectives to Rensselaer’s work and campus communities.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity, Race/Gender/Veterans/Disability Employer.