This is a 40 hour per week, non-exempt salaried position. Assists with the supervision of staff to process all daily activities and operations of the Financial Aid office, and counsel students and families regarding the various forms of financial aid available and student eligibility according to prescribed Federal regulations and guidelines. Additional roles include providing personal counseling and information concerning financial aid programs to students and parents as well as supporting the functions of Enrollment Management with recruitment and retention initiatives. Provides a student centered approach and helps lead a team where student service is imperative for departmental success.
The Associate Director has primary responsibilities in these areas:
Coordinating outreach activities to high schools and other college to support the admissions and recruitment efforts of the College.
Provides support to the Director, Financial Aid, for the annual set-up of the financial aid software and is responsible to assist the annual creation of forms that are used in financial aid.
Coordinates and administers the institutional scholarships in consultation with the LMC Foundation.
Provide support to the Financial Aid Specialistsfor handling financial aid exceptions on financial aid applications. This includes: (1) professional judgments; (2) dependency overrides; and (3) cost of attendance adjustments.
Service as the primary contact between the financial aid office and CampusLogic; LMC’s service provider for completion of applications forms.
Serve as the primary contact with the Athletic Department for the review and processing of Athletic Scholarships.
In the absence of the Director, Financial Aid, has responsibility for the overall operations of the office.
1. Ensures compliance with the U.S. Department of Education’s consumer information requirements.
2. Assists in the development of policies and procedures; and maintains fiscal responsibilities for several state, federal, and institutional programs.
3. Works with the Finance Office to ensure timely disbursement of funds.
4. Monitors official withdrawals and no attendance (FA grade) within a term or semester. Reviews student records for unofficial withdrawals, e.g., non-passing grades.
5. Performs return of title IV funds calculation, if appropriate
6. Ensures proper notification of earned (and post-withdrawal disbursement, if eligible) and return of unearned funds in a timely manner.
7. Monitors return of unearned aid to program account.
8. Responds to student communications for information.
9. Provides end of semester and ad hoc reports.
10. Assists with borrower-based academic year (BBAY) loan processing, when needed.
11. Assists with and coordinates all aspects of staff training to cover new regulations governing federal aid programs, as well as state programs, and institutional policies.
12. Keeps abreast of federal and state financial aid regulations.
13. To provide the best service to our external and internal customers, all positions at Lake Michigan College require regular and predicable on-site attendance as an essential job functions. Under certain circumstances, the College may consider alternative work arrangements and will do so in compliance with and according to the parameters outlined in the College’s Flexible Scheduling and Remote Work Options policy.
Keeps abreast of federal and state financial aid regulations.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Under the limited supervision of the Executive Director of Advising and Financial Aid, the Associate Director, Financial Aid, is responsible for an accurate accounting of all information relating to all program accounts. Provides direct supervision of Financial Aid customer service and support staff.
Bachelor’s Degree required. Three or more years of experience related to financial aid or finance is required. Experience in a customer service-oriented environment required. Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word. Experience in Microsoft Access and Banner by Ellucian preferred. Excellent organizational skills. Confidentiality is required.