Location: 3100 Marshall St. North East, Minneapolis, MN
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Employment Condition: Unlimited
This position exists to provide direct day-to-day student and faculty support on site satellite location in North Minneapolis, MN. Further, the position has a strong focus on building and maintaining community partnerships. The Director also serves as the liaison with M State's energy partners, such as Xcel Energy.
The values that guide our work include: access and opportunity, equity, inclusion and belonging, cultural competence, cultural responsive pedagogy & service, and community engagement. Our educational environments are culturally relevant, responsive, and innovative to the students we serve. Our students are assets, we affirm their identities and lived experiences, and provide spaces that are emotionally safe and reflect who students are.
· Live the mission, vision and values of M State to ensure a positive experience for all students and stakeholders. Service to M State students and stakeholders is a core component of the position and work responsibilities.
· Overall program management.
· Primary contact for students, program faculty, and M State Employees with all student affairs related processes.
· Growing community support through engagement of community support organizations.
· Lead, establish, coordinate, partner, and advise on various projects related to the ECA (Energy Careers Academy).
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree with 2-years of related experience. · Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations. · Knowledge of research and evaluation methods sufficient to measure and determine program effectiveness. · Experience in marketing and public relations methods sufficient to motivate cooperation among college, business, and community partners. · Critical thinking skills sufficient to conceptualize, apply, analyze, synthesize, and/or evaluate information gathered from a variety of sources actively and skillfully. · Communication skills sufficient to prepare messages and materials for diverse audiences and clearly explain, discuss, and present complex ideas, regulations, policies and/or procedures. · Ability to manage projects from inception through execution and evaluation sufficient to create clear and attainable project objectives, build project requirements, oversee cost, time and scope of projects, manage project constraints, and communicate progress and end results.
· Bachelor's degree or higher in project management, business administration, or related field. · Experience with computer software applications and systems sufficient to manage, query, and analyze data and create reports and presentations for decision making. · Knowledge of institution and State policies and procedures and state and federal statute and regulations sufficient to ensure compliance in all facets of the academic program. · Knowledge of the history, philosophy, and critical issues in higher education sufficient to develop academic and student programs that resolve issues.
M State is a regional student-focused institution that is poised for a strong future. It is the sixth-largest outstate college in the Minnesota State system and the largest two-year college in Greater Minnesota, serving more than 10,500 students in credit and non-credit courses each year. M State offers big-college resources and a small-college feel on our four welcoming campuses and in our many online courses and programs. Our faculty and staff are dedicated to the values of integrity, inclusion and innovation, and that dedication is reflected in our programs and in the support we offer to our students.
Mission, Vision, Values
Minnesota State Community and Technical College specializes in affordable and exceptional education, service and workforce training. We welcome all students and engage them in shaping their futures and their communities.
A success story for every student.
As dedicated professionals, we act with purpose in everything we do. We are sincere and honest in our relationships and communications and hold ourselves accountable to doing the right thing even when no one is watching.
We welcome, respect and accept people for who they are and celebrate the power of our collective differences in creating and shaping more robust, energized communities.
Through the power of our four campuses, strategic partnerships and creative problem-solving, we enhance communities. We incorporate technology to improve the student experience, and we see continuous improvement as a constant.
A comprehensive benefit package offered by the State of Minnesota, Minnesota State Colleges and Universities, and the bargaining unit contract of the position. Benefits may include: * Holidays, vacation and sick leave * Retirement * Medical and dental insurance * Life insurance * Accidental Death and Dismemberment * Disability insurance * Medical/Dental Expense Account * Dependent Care Expense Account * Health Reimbursement Account (eligibility based on bargaining unit contract) * Tuition Waiver (eligibility based on bargaining unit contract)
About Minnesota State Community and Technical College
Minnesota State Community and Technical College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission: Member of the North Central Association (1972-present). M State was admitted into the Commission's Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) in 2009. M State has numerous career/technical programs that are additionally accredited by boards, agencies, commissions, or professional organizations in their field or discipline. In addition to a strong liberal arts transfer program, M State offers highly successful programs in fields including business/accounting/marketing, dental hygiene, graphic design, nursing, computer and network technology and more.M State also has a strong eCampus option and a number of unique destination programs such as Electrical Line Worker, Marine and PowerSports Technology, and Diesel Equipment programs.