At Frederick Community College we proudly serve the educational needs of our students, help develop the economic vitality of our local communities, and enrich the lives of Frederick County residents. Each year, more than 16, 000 students take a diverse scope of courses at Frederick Community College, located in Frederick, Maryland. Our vast range of courses includes quality instruction in more than 85 degree and certificate programs as well as workforce training and continuing education to meet the needs and interests of our community members. FCC proudly embraces and showcases academics, arts, athletics and more to provide pathways to success for all students. Each year we provide direct service to thousands of residents and indirect services to countless more. We credit our ability to deliver these services to the strength and commitment of our people. We invite you to explore all that we have to offer!
Relocation Provided?: No
The Enrollment Assistant assists and supports enrollment services, including but not limited to admitting, registering, and answering students' enrollment questions. This position offers general customer service and assists, guides, and responds to student needs throughout the enrollment process from the time of application through enrollment and provides operational and functional support to the departments within Enrollment Services. The Enrollment Assistant must use varying styles and approaches that reflect an understanding of the role of culture in a diverse, multicultural workplace.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following are the functions essential to performing this job:
1. Answer the phones; and assist at the Welcome Center.
2. Assist with enrollment functions;
3. Assist with academic record functions to include academic registration, enrollment and degree verification, graduation, and transcript requests;
4. Assist with modifying student information, applying academic policies, verifying submitted information, investigating and resolving issues with academic records;
5. Assist in updating and maintaining the accuracy and integrity of student records;
6. Assist in responding to student information requests and inquiries and instructing students on student information systems, learning management systems, and email accounts;
7. Assist with special projects from the Enrollment Staff.
8. Maintain compliance with FERPA and apply institutional policies and procedures;
9. Assist with events (requires some evening and weekend hours);
10. Assist with daily office functions as necessary;
11. Assist with covering college fairs or high school visits if needed;
12. Assist with prospective students' applications and direct them to the appropriate sources for guidance on courses of study, financial aid, scholarships, or other information;
13. Assist with prospective students and answer questions about FCC, areas of study, and opportunities for students;
14. Conduct student tours;
15. Assist with entering application information into the student database; and
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
Salary: $22.34 - $24.57 hourly
FCC offers a generous benefits package which includes medical insurance, dental and vision plans, waiver of FCC tuition for employee and eligible dependents, tuition reimbursement, generous leave benefits, retirement plans, and more! Frederick Community College prohibits discrimination against any person on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status in its activities, admissions, educational programs, and employment. Frederick Community College, an equal opportunity employer, values campus diversity in students and staff and encourages members from historically under-represented groups to apply.
Frederick Community College (FCC) is a public college accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE). FCC is distinguished by its quality and affordability, making it attainable and valuable for local students. Accredited programs, comprehensive instruction, and affordable costs of attendance have made FCC the learning destination for more than 200,000 students since 1957.