Under the supervision of the Executive Director – Enrollment Management or designee, the Coordinator – Testing Center is responsible for coordinating, conducting and assessing the day-to-day operations of the Testing Center of the College.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate the day-to-day operations of the Testing Center. Plan, develop, conduct, update and assess services and testing options in response to changing demands including placement testing, testing accommodations for differently-abled students, contracted testing, and other services and options. Schedule and publicize center services.
2. Develop, maintain and disseminate center policies and procedures. Monitor and ensure center integrity and compliance in accordance with state, federal and test agency regulations, policies, and procedures. Document and report immediately incidences of academic dishonesty or breach in confidentiality and security of student records.
3. Collaborate with and provide consultation to appropriate departments on testing, processes for efficient flow from admission to placement testing, coordination and accommodations for differently-abled students, and testing in off-campus locations.
4. Address inquiries, testing problems and discrepancies with students, examinees, testing staff, and/or testing company in consultation with the supervisor. Refer students to appropriate offices for advisement, counseling or other support services.
5. Maintain, purchase and routinely inventory testing materials. Ensure secure storage of materials and the return of test booklets and related materials to testing companies. Assess and ensure the accuracy of student records, testing scores and other test-related data entry into Banner system.
6. Coordinate the maintenance and updating of computer software and hardware, and the legal review of testing-related contracts and agreements. Serve as primary liaison between the Office of Information Technology and testing/software companies.
7. Engage in professional development activities to develop and maintain knowledge and awareness of effective testing practices.
8. Maintain statistical information and prepare periodic reports on center activities.
9. Maintain strict confidentiality and security of staff, student and client records.
10. Prepare routine, special, and ancillary reports as required.
11. Performs other related duties as required.
1. Bachelor's degree.
2. Experience in teaching, training, counseling or testing, preferably in higher education at the community college level.
3. Demonstrated ability to schedule and administer various standardized tests with demonstrated knowledge of standardized testing procedures including the security and confidentiality of materials and scores.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of web-based examination systems, preferably Accuplacer, CLEP and TEAS.
5. Working knowledge of computer software applications, preferably the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
6. Demonstrated ability of providing high-quality customer service with staff and students.
7. Demonstrated ability to analyze questions and interpret and apply appropriate data/information to resolve problems. Demonstrated ability to give careful attention to detail and accuracy in performance.
8. Strong organizational and excellent interpersonal skills.
9. Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
10. Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Minimum Education Requirements: Bachelor's Degree
1. Bachelor's degree in related area.
2. Three years of experience in teaching, training, counseling or testing, preferably in student services for a higher education institution at the community college level.
3. Demonstrated applied knowledge of statistics and data analysis.
4. Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks/projects and to manage competing priorities in a complex setting.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of computerized record management and maintenance systems, preferably the Banner system.
6. Ability to work an extended, flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, according to demands of the role and tasks.
Essex County College is an open-door public access community college that is committed to providing quality educational programs and life-long learning opportunities at a very affordable cost. The College is open to students with a wide variety of backgrounds and abilities. We take pride in the richness of our diversity and our nurturing atmosphere, which encourages students who might not otherwise aspire to higher education to enroll and excel.