Assistant Director of Student Life & Campus Experiences and Head Volleyball Coach
Minnesota State Community and Technical College
Location: Fergus Falls, Minnesota
Internal Number: 2031
Location: Fergus Falls Campus
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Employment Condition: Unlimited
This position will coordinate student life and activities and model leadership and life skills for students. This position exists to help students build leadership skills, plan for life after M State, and have a positive campus experience. The individual hired must be a team player and work collaboratively with entire Student Affairs team. Schedule, market, and execute educational, athletic, recreational, and leisure time activities to enhance the campus experience for students.
This full-time assignment will also include the role of head volleyball coach during fall semester.
The values that guide our work include access and opportunity, equity, inclusion, belonging, cultural competence, culturally responsive pedagogy and service, and community engagement. Our educational environments are culturally relevant, responsive, and innovative to the students we serve. Our students are assets, we affirm their identities and lived experiences, and provide spaces that are emotionally safe and reflective of who students are.
· Live the mission, vision and values of M State to ensure a positive experience for all students and stakeholders. Service to M State students and stakeholders is a core component of the position and work responsibilities.
· Design, direct, and implement a comprehensive student life program consistent with M State's mission, vision, values, and strategic plan.
· Manage M State Student Life, Fine Arts, and Athletic Website Content.
· Support for campus and college operations.
· Head coach duties, including recruiting, conducting practices and tryouts, organizing and scheduling road trips, tracking students' athletic eligibility, and other related duties as required to maintain team.
· Assistant or head coach volleyball experience at the collegiate level or high school level;
· Associate's degree.
· Experience organizing a variety of recreational, social, cultural, and/or special events for groups, including responsibility for scheduling, supervising activities/participants, budgeting and evaluating events.
· Experience in scheduling, marketing, and executing educational, athletic, recreational, and leisure time activities.
· Exceptional communications skills: written, verbal, and listening.
· Strong computer skills sufficient to operate a variety of software applications, including but not limited to Microsoft Office.
· Must have a valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
· Budget development, oversight and reporting experience.
· Solution-minded and eager to learn new information.
M State is a regional student-focused institution that is poised for a strong future. It is the fifth-largest outstate college in the Minnesota State system and the largest two-year college in Greater Minnesota, serving more than 8,000 credit-based students and 7,000 non-credit students each year. M State offers big-college resources and a small-college feel on our four welcoming campuses and in our many online courses and programs. Our faculty and staff are dedicated to the values of integrity, inclusion and innovation, and that dedication is reflected in our programs and in the support we offer to our students.
Mission, Vision, Values
Minnesota State Community and Technical College specializes in affordable and exceptional education, service and workforce training. We welcome all students and engage them in shaping their futures and their communities.
A success story for every student.
As dedicated professionals, we act with purpose in everything we do. We are sincere and honest in our relationships and communications and hold ourselves accountable to doing the right thing even when no one is watching.
We welcome, respect and accept people for who they are and celebrate the power of our collective differences in creating and shaping more robust, energized communities.
Through the power of our four campuses, strategic partnerships and creative problem-solving, we enhance communities. We incorporate technology to improve the student experience, and we see continuous improvement as a constant.
A comprehensive benefit package offered by the State of Minnesota, Minnesota State Colleges and Universities, and the bargaining unit contract of the position. Benefits may include: * Holidays, vacation and sick leave * Retirement * Medical and dental insurance * Life insurance * Accidental Death and Dismemberment * Disability insurance * Medical/Dental Expense Account * Dependent Care Expense Account * Health Reimbursement Account (eligibility based on bargaining unit contract) * Tuition Waiver (eligibility based on bargaining unit contract)
About Minnesota State Community and Technical College
Minnesota State Community and Technical College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission: Member of the North Central Association (1972-present). M State was admitted into the Commission's Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) in 2009. M State has numerous career/technical programs that are additionally accredited by boards, agencies, commissions, or professional organizations in their field or discipline. In addition to a strong liberal arts transfer program, M State offers highly successful programs in fields including business/accounting/marketing, dental hygiene, graphic design, nursing, computer and network technology and more.M State also has a strong eCampus option and a number of unique destination programs such as Electrical Line Worker, Marine and PowerSports Technology, and Diesel Equipment programs.