Assistant Director of Admissions for International Students
Touro University New York
Location: New York, New York
Internal Number: 10422
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Admissions, the Assistant Director of Admissions for International Students functions as part of the Admissions team and is a dedicated driven performer with a desire to increase student enrollment at New York School of Career Studies (NYSCAS) with a specific focus of providing support to Intenational students, new students, and their families.
* As part of the admission/recruitment team reach and maintain enrollment goals as outlined by the University and NYSCAS leadership.
* Meet or exceed enrollment goals for assigned targeted recruitment area.
* Serve as the Admissions representative Designated School Officials (DSO) for the NYSCAS division.
* Directly manage the NYSCAS admissions process for international student.
* Work closely with the Principal designated school official (PDSO) and Director of International Student Enrollment and Recruitment.
* Provide information to prospects and handle questions (phone & in-person) from prospective applicants, students, faculty and general public in regard to the enrollment process.
* Closely communicate with international market international agents and programs as the International Student team will initially manage the admissions process of student candidates.
* Amplify the F1 student programs within and external to the Touro community.
* Work closely with the NYSCAS telemarketing team to assure all leads and inquiries are handled in a timely and professional manner.
* Daily traveling to various sites throughout the assigned territory (may vary each semester) and meeting in person with leadership international centers to foster long-term feeder programs for Touro University.
* Provide complete support and follow-up to students and parents via phone letters and email.
* Responsible for timely follow up and accurate tracking and inputting information into TouroOne Banner TouroOne Connect Admission and Recruiting software packages.
* Schedule students for appointments info sessions open houses and placement exams when appropriate.
* Responsible for guiding new and readmitted students through the enrollment process.
* As part of the Enrollment Team works closely and collegially with other Student Services departments (Testing Department Financial Aid Academic Advising Bursar Registrar including Admissions and Registrar offices in applicant's previous or current school(s))
* Evaluate all college-level transcripts for incoming transfer students which includes data entry of accepted transfer credits.
* Collaborate with academic department regarding transfer issues as assigned by the Director of Admissions.
* Coordinate with academic departments to aid in the resolution of academic transfer credits requests.
* Assist new students with defining and developing realistic academic and career goals.
* Assist students and troubleshoot Touro portal related issues. Exercise duties in accordance with FERPA as well as state and federal regulations.
* Provide accurate and timely information pertaining to the advising and scheduling process.
* Actively participate in college fairs and other recruitment events/activities (International Student Market).
* Design and deliver presentations to groups of prospective students at college fairs high schools corporations and other recruitment events.
* Ability to identify processes in the department that need improvement and to provide solutions.
* Perform other assignments as requested by Dean of Enrollment Management Director of Admissions Site Director or School Deans.
Master's Degree preferred.
Bachelor of Arts and/or Bachelor of Science required.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities
Demonstrated proficiency in communication (written and verbal).
Excellent communication verbal and written skills
Excellent interpersonal and public relations skills
Solid analytical creative and problem-solving abilities to meet deadlines
Accuracy & productivity in completing tasks.
Team-orientated with a student-centered approach.
Project management skills and sound organizational skills
Persistent with good marketing/sales skills and attention to detail.
Ability to develop new customer bases and territories.
Ability to communicate effectively with culturally diverse populations.
Ability to work well independently.
Project management skills and sound organizational skills.
Extensive Use of Computers
Extensive time sitting and standing
Able to lift up to 5 lbs.
Travel to local NYC area including occasional evenings and Sundays
Work takes place in Administrative Offices as well as outside venues
Established in 1970 to focus on higher education for the Jewish community, we enrolled our first class in September 1971. Since then we’ve grown to serve a widely diverse population of over 19,000 students across 35 schools in 4 countries. We are uniquely attuned to the importance of an education that accommodates students from all backgrounds and circumstance. What sets Touro apart is not simply our top-notch programs, engaged faculty members, or experiential learning opportunities, it’s our culture and curriculum that respect your commitments – to your community, your values, and your future.