Head Cross Country Coach/Asst. Coach Track and Field
Location: Columbia, South Carolina
4 Year Degree
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Responsible for recruiting and training all Men's and Women’s Cross Country student-athletes. 2. Responsible for scheduling contests, arranging travel and transportation, following budgetary guidelines, purchasing equipment, inventory of equipment and supplies, and all issues related to the intercollegiate Men's and Women’s Cross Country program. 3. Accurately and completely portrays College’s educational programs, expected outcomes, student services, and financial consideration to students, parents, and educators. 4. Monitors academic progress and eligibility of Men's and Women’s Cross Country student-athletes. 5.Participates in appropriate Department of Intercollegiate Athletics activities including: weekly staff meetings, training sessions, orientation programs, cultural and social activities, etc. Make available for any representational and public relations activities. 6.Communicate and cooperate in a highly professional manner with all departments and/or administrative units at Columbia College relevant to problems or potential problems that may arise and, ultimately, have an impact on your program. 7.Conducts all activities in accordance with the highest ethical standards. Adheres to all state and federal regulations, accreditation standards, and the College’s, Conference and NAIA policies and procedures, regarding intercollegiate athletic activities.
Bachelor’s degree required, Master preferred.
Evidence of at least two years of successful coaching experience is required, preferably at the college/university level
Valid Driver’s license/qualified to operate a passenger vehicle of up to 12 or 15 passengers per van consistent with college insurance regulations.
Columbia College was founded in 1854 as Columbia Female College by the Methodist Conference of South Carolina. The College, located on Plain Street, now Hampton, in Columbia, SC, opened to students in October 1859.
In 1865 during the height of the Civil War, the College closed as General Sherman’s troops approached Columbia but reopened in 1873. In 1904, the College dropped “Female” from its name and moved to Eau Claire after benefactors Frederick H. Hyatt and Col. John T. Sloan donated land.
In 1964, the campus survived a fire that destroyed the Old Main classroom building and the East Wing Dormitory. What remained of the columns became a symbol for the College and has since been incorporated into the logo.
Columbia College continues to serve as an institution for higher education, with approximately 1,500 male and female students in both undergraduate and graduate courses.