The VCWD promotes the college's mission and vision and provides innovative leadership for training, development and recruitment of services to EICC, including increasing enrollment for credit and noncredit trainings and to assure an array of appropriate offerings to meet community demands. Areas of responsibility include Continuing Ed., Adult Basic Ed., English Language Acquisition, HSED, Small Business Development, and contract training, including oversight of projects in connection with 260E, 260F, WTED, ACE, GAP, and PACE funding. The VCWD works collaboratively as a member of the Chancellor's Senior Leadership Team to establish and achieve strategic goals in accordance with the EICC Mission. The VCWD is expected to serve on state-wide committees to guide strategic directions and represent the workforce interests of EICC students, faculty, and staff.
Work Location: District office, 3rd Street Davenport, IA
· Proven record of accomplishment of progressive, successful experience in leading, planning and implementing continuing education and workforce development initiatives, for a minimum of 3-5 years, preferably in a community college or higher learning setting leading to increased revenues & enrollment.
· Master's Degree in an appropriate field required
· Experience as a financial manager with demonstrated results in revenue generation.
· Demonstrated leadership and supervisory abilities, both visionary and strategic.
· Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues and with business and development leaders.
· Experience in strategic, tactical, and operational planning.
· Knowledge of local, state, and national community college issues; academic and student development programs.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
· Excellent computer skills and Microsoft Office Suite skills.
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges includes Clinton, Muscatine and Scott Community Colleges. Stretched along the banks of the Mississippi River, the district covers all of Clinton, Jackson, Muscatine and Scott Counties, as well as parts of Cedar and Louisa Counties.
The district regularly boasts fall enrollments of more than 7,000 students in both Associate in Arts / College Transfer programs as well as more than 30 Career Technology options.