Student Support Services Success Coach (Grant Funded)
Camden County College
Location: Camden, New Jersey
Internal Number: 6615
Location: Camden City Campus
Department: Student Affairs
Days and Hours: See special instructions
The Student Support Services Success Coach is responsible for promoting a positive and successful learning experience for students in an effort to increase student retention, success and completion. The SSS student success coach will assist students with goal setting and providing continuous communication and follow-up to maximize goal attainment. They will demonstrate and promote a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion.
1. Assist Director with developing SSS program activities to continuously improve student outcomes of retention, academic progress, and graduation
2. Provide individual and group coaching related to academic success and personal development.
3. Assist with the selection, enrollment, financial aid completion, and registration processes for SSS applicants and participants.
4. Present workshops on academic success strategies.
5. Provide academic planning support in person and online.
6. Manage a caseload of SSS student's from intake to completion.
7. Aid in retention and completion efforts using early alert and monitoring initiatives.
8. Connect students to academic programs and resources on campus designed to support their success.
9. Monitor and record data on student academic progress and completion rates.
10. Provide periodic advising recommendations and important reminders regarding registration and course planning to assigned student cohorts.
11. Participate in on going professional development, retention workshops and initiatives.
12. Engage with faculty, academic departments and professional staff in student related services.
13. Assist with recruitment, retention, career and transfer events as needed.
14. Ability to work directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic and socio economic backgrounds.
15. Comply with all safety, fire, and smoking regulations.
16. Complete all mandatory compliance and safety training as scheduled by Human Resources.
17. Perform all other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's Degree required/Masters preferred.
2. Experience in a community college environment preferred.
3. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse population.
4. Outstanding interpersonal, leadership, facilitation, and training skills.
5. Experience in the management of academic advisement, Guided Pathways to Success programming preferred.
6. Ability to work as a part of a cross-functional team in an innovative environment, and independently as needed.
7. Strong written and oral communication skills.
8. Ability to convey information clearly and effectively to individuals.
9. Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
10. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Colleague student information system, and Canvas LMS preferred.
Camden County College is one of the largest, most comprehensive community colleges in New Jersey and the surrounding region and is a vital resource for transfer education, workforce training, and cultural events. Its three distinct locations in Blackwood, Camden and Cherry Hill – along with its satellite locations in Lakeland, Sicklerville and elsewhere throughout the County – share the common mission of providing accessible, affordable higher education and occupational study to all who can benefit.The College also is recognized nationally as a leader in technology programs such as video game design/development and photonics. In addition, it is acknowledged for maintaining low tuition rates for many years. Perhaps most importantly, CCC is known for responding to the changing needs of the communities and students it serves by continuously updating its programs and services to support the economic development in this area and the professional and personal development of residents.