To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Michigan Technological University is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Equal Opportunity Employer that provides equal opportunity for all, including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
If you require any auxiliary aids, services, or other accommodations to apply for employment, or for an interview, at Michigan Technological University, please notify the Human Resources office at 906-487-2280 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Description Summary
The Manager of Admissions Operations will be part of a robust, growing, and fast paced admissions team. This position will leverage our CRM system, communications plan, and application processing to contribute to the overall goals of the department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
1. Utilize our CRM system, Slate, to better integrate its power into our day to day work and create efficiencies and improvements for application processing. 2. Create written documentation of office procedures and training manuals. 3. Serve as an integral part of our domestic application processing team. 4. Serve as a member of our communications team and contribute greatly to a robust communications and outreach plan. 5. Assist with answering main admissions phone lines and responding to our general Admissions email, and serve as a backup for front office coverage. 6. Manage texting night events, including scheduling with departments, managing the event in our CRM systems, assisting with the communication, and ensuring a well-run, useful, and successful event for our prospective students. 7. Serve as the point of contact for residency verification and questions regarding residency. 8. Manage the dual-enrollment process including registering students for coursework and answering emails and questions regarding dual enrollment. 9. Manage inventory and requests for admissions publications and materials. 10. Coordinate the logistics of on-campus events, including the college fair, Open House and Preview Day. 11. Assist at our large-scale on-campus recruitment events. 12. Write queries, as needed, to disseminate actionable recruiting targets for various internal and external stakeholders across campus. 13. Commit to continuously improving and thinking of outside-the-box solutions that would improve our admissions process. 14. Take an active role in staying current with Michigan Tech news, events, facts, figures, degree programs, and related institutional information. 15. Commit to learning about continuous improvement strategies and applying them to everyday work. Actively engage in University continuous improvement initiatives. 16. Apply safety-related knowledge, skills, and practices to everyday work. 17. Other duties as assigned.
● 1-2 years experience in undergraduate admissions, higher education student services, customer service or closely related area. ● Experience working in a position that requires attention to detail. ● Strong computer and technical aptitude.
Desirable Education and/or Experience
● Experience working with databases or CRM systems. ● 1-2 years experience coordinating large scale events and programming
● Demonstrated ability to be highly self-motivated, prioritize multiple tasks in a proactive manner and meet deadlines. ● Demonstrated ability to pay extreme attention to detail. ● Demonstrated ability to learn technical CRM software. ● Demonstrated ability to read, write, and edit student communications with attention to detail and accuracy. ● Willingness to work flexible hours, including occasional nights and weekends. ● Ability to use judgment when dealing with confidential information. ● Demonstrated commitment to contribute to a safe work environment.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities
● Knowledge of Michigan Tech. ● Demonstrated knowledge of Banner. ● Demonstrated knowledge of Slate or other Admissions CRM. ● Demonstrated ability to protect data with integrity.
● Demonstrated success in, or potential future contributions to, working with persons from diverse backgrounds, creating a sense of belonging, and fostering a fair, objective, welcoming place to work for persons with a wide variety of personal characteristics and viewpoints. **
Work Environment and/or Physical Demands
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Required Training and Other Conditions of Employment
Every employee at Michigan Technological University will receive the following 4 required trainings; additional training may be required by the department.
Required University Training:
Employee Safety Overview
Anti-Harassment, Discrimination, Retaliation Training
Annual Data Security Training
Annual Title IX Training
Offers of employment are contingent upon and not considered finalized until the required background check has been performed and the results received and assessed.
Other Conditions of Employment:
The successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment. Visa sponsorship is unavailable at this time. This is not an E-Verified Position.
Michigan Technological University is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Equal Opportunity Employer that provides equal opportunity for all, including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities
Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) % (1=100%)
Negotiable, No less than $45,000
Title of Position Supervisor
Assistant Director of Admissions
Internal and External
Dependent on Funding
Special Instructions to Applicants (if applicable)
Our scope is international. Our approach interdisciplinary. We work at the intersections of communication, composition, literature, modern languages, philosophy, rhetoric, visual studies, linguistics, gender studies, and technical communication. Our students develop the communicative, analytic, and cultural knowledge to thrive in all aspects of their future lives.Applications from women and BIPOC scholars are highly encouraged by both the department and the institution. Michigan Tech is building a culturally diverse faculty committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from all individuals.