Oregon State University-Academics for Student Athletes
Location: Corvallis, Oregon
Type: Full Time
Salary is commensurate with skills, education, training and experience within the range of $54,000-$57,500
Internal Number: P07280UF
Academic Services for Student Athletes is seeking an Academic Counselor. This is a full-time (1.00 FTE), 12-month, professional faculty position.
Academics for Student Athletes (ASA) is committed to providing holistic and inclusive academic support for student athletes. ASA aims to empower, teach, and champion student athletes through graduation and beyond. ASA Team values include community, service, well-being, and learning.
In collaboration with the Head Football Academic Counselor/Assistant Director, this position provides academic support services and counsel to men’s football and an Olympic sport team. It acts as the liaison among coaches, teaching faculty, staff, and student athletes; works collaboratively with other units across campus in efforts to assist student athletes effectively; and monitors the academic performance and eligibility of assigned student athletes to ensure compliance with institutional standards and NCAA requirements
This position reports directly to the Head Football Academic Counselor/Assistant Director.
Master’s degree in Education, Counseling, Student Services, Sport Management, or another related academic discipline.
One-year of any experience providing academic support to university students.
Experience upholding NCAA rules and regulations related to academic eligibility and Bylaw 14.
A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
Strong organizational, computer, written, and verbal communication skills.
Ability and willingness to work a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends.
Professional or graduate work experience coordinating academic support for football student athletes at the university level.
Experience with academic advising college students.
Experience working with individuals from historically underrepresented groups.
Proficiency with Excel and Banner student information system.
About Oregon State University-Academics for Student Athletes
Working for Oregon State University is so much more than a job!
Oregon State University is a dynamic community of dreamers, doers, problem-solvers and change-makers. We don’t wait for challenges to present themselves — we seek them out and take them on. We welcome students, faculty and staff from every background and perspective into a community where everyone feels seen and heard. We have deep-rooted mindfulness for the natural world and all who depend on it, and together, we apply knowledge, tools and skills to build a better future for all.
• Top 1.4% university in the world
• More research funding than all public universities in Oregon combined
• 1 of 3 land, sea, space and sun grant universities in the U.S.
• 2 campuses, 11 colleges, 12 experiment stations, and Extension programs in all 36 counties
• 7 cultural resource centers that offer education, celebration and belonging for everyone
• 100+ undergraduate degree programs, 80+ graduate degrees plus hundreds of minor options and certificates
• 35k+ students including more than 2.3k international students and 10k students of color
• 217k+ alumni worldwide
• For more interesting facts about OSU visit: ht...tps://oregonstate.edu/about
Oregon State has a statewide presence with campuses in Corvallis and Bend, the OSU Portland Center and the Hatfield Marine Science Center on the Pacific Coast in Newport.
Oregon State’s beautiful, historic and state-of-the-art main campus is located in one of America’s best college towns. Corvallis is located close to the Pacific Ocean, the Cascade mountains and Oregon wine country. Nestled in the heart of the Willamette Valley, this beautiful city offers miles of mountain biking and hiking trails, a river perfect for boating or kayaking and an eclectic downtown featuring local cuisine, popular events and performances.
Total Rewards Package:
Oregon State University offers a comprehensive benefits package with benefits eligible positions that is designed to meet the needs of employees and their families including:
• Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life. OSU pays 95% of premiums for you and your eligible dependents.
• Free confidential mental health and emotional support services, and counseling resources.
• Retirement savings paid by the university.
• A generous paid leave package, including holidays, vacation and sick leave.
• Tuition reduction benefits for you or your qualifying dependents at OSU or the additional six Oregon Public Universities.
• Robust Work Life programs including Dual Career assistance resources, flexible work arrangements, a Family Resource Center, Affinity Groups and an Employee Assistance Program.
Future and current OSU employees can use the Benefits Calculator to learn more about the full value of the benefits provided at OSU.