At Frederick Community College we proudly serve the educational needs of our students, help develop the economic vitality of our local communities, and enrich the lives of Frederick County residents. Each year, more than 16, 000 students take a diverse scope of courses at Frederick Community College, located in Frederick, Maryland. Our vast range of courses includes quality instruction in more than 85 degree and certificate programs as well as workforce training and continuing education to meet the needs and interests of our community members. FCC proudly embraces and showcases academics, arts, athletics and more to provide pathways to success for all students. Each year we provide direct service to thousands of residents and indirect services to countless more. We credit our ability to deliver these services to the strength and commitment of our people. We invite you to explore all that we have to offer!
Relocation Provided?: No
This position provides leadership and direct oversight of programs, activities, and nonacademic support for students to increase retention and academic success. Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Student Affairs (AVPSA), the Director of Student Wellness & Support oversees the Counseling & Wellness Services, public health awareness initiatives for students, and all student basic needs support programs at the College. This position will work closely with local and state health-based organizations and address the needs of the ever-changing, diverse student population. This position supports enrollment, retention, and completion initiatives at the College. Ability to work with effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following are the functions necessary to perform this job.
1. Oversee operations, including strategic planning, budget management, office assessment, and leadership of the Office of Counseling & Wellness Services (2 full-time counselors, interns, and student employees) and FCCLIVEWELL, the College's basic needs and wraparound support services for students.
2. Lead and monitor the Office of Counseling & Wellness Services and the JED Campus Strategic Plan.
3. Lead collegewide data collection, awareness campaigns, outreach efforts, and organize educational workshops related to student wellness and basic needs support.
4. Lead marketing and advertisement of wellness-based supports and services to students and the college community.
5. Lead programming and initiatives relating to student wellness.
6. Develop a plan following the American College Health Association's (ACHA) framework for a health campus.
7. Develop a strategic plan and operational goals to develop a trauma informed campus.
8. Lead the college's efforts and respond to students seeking basic needs support.
9. Collect, analyze, maintain, and report data for college reports and grant-supported projects.
10. Connect with community partners to provide on-campus programs and services to students.
11. Serve college and community taskforces/committees directed by the AVPSA.
12. Support various enrollment, retention, and completion initiatives of the College.
13. Other duties as assigned that provide increased support to FCC students.
Salary: $82,000 - $87,000 annually
FCC offers a generous benefits package which includes medical insurance, dental and vision plans, waiver of FCC tuition for employee and eligible dependents, tuition reimbursement, generous leave benefits, retirement plans, and more! Frederick Community College prohibits discrimination against any person on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status in its activities, admissions, educational programs, and employment. Frederick Community College, an equal opportunity employer, values campus diversity in students and staff and encourages members from historically under-represented groups to apply.
Frederick Community College (FCC) is a public college accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE). FCC is distinguished by its quality and affordability, making it attainable and valuable for local students. Accredited programs, comprehensive instruction, and affordable costs of attendance have made FCC the learning destination for more than 200,000 students since 1957.