|Job Function || |
Provides leadership in the planning, organizing, development and administration of the Office of Admissions in a manner that is consistent with the college’s mission including the recruitment of all students, promoting high school articulation agreements, community relationships, applications, CRM system, Placement Testing, Student Support Guide Services, Macomb One Card and office operations. Major responsibilities include the development, design, and implementation of recruitment efforts to support the college’s goals for new students as well as the establishment of a diverse student body. Forward thinking leader proactively planning the future state of admissions at Macomb Community College while managing all recruitment, admissions functions and admissions events of the college from prospect to enrolled student.
|Job Responsibilities || |
• Leads the department of admissions and outreach as primary recruitment contact with K-12 school districts, local intermediate school districts, adult learner programs, external agencies, organizations, and businesses to promote college programs throughout the admissions funnel and recruitment process. In collaboration with K-12 relations, provides promotion and recruitment of the College’s high school articulation efforts with secondary school districts.
• Provides leadership and oversees the Placement Testing Center operations, systems and staff.
• Provides leadership and oversees the Student Support Guide Services operations and staff.
• Acts as a liaison to the Macomb One card operations and staff as needed.
• Develop new student recruitment projections and goals for each academic year including recruitment conversion and retention rates to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiencies of the strategic recruitment efforts of the college..
• Assist with developing, shaping and implementing a comprehensive strategic new student recruitment plan each semester.
• Oversees the annual admissions events plan in coordination with the Admissions & Outreach Events Coordinator.
• Manages and oversees admission funnel conversion effectiveness from prospect to enrolled student.
• Oversees and communicates the admission step process, including required steps by student type to ensure the operations reflect this process and that all Student Services Staff understand the steps – including New Student Orientation, Starting at Macomb Session, Guided Self-Placement, Placement Testing (when required) and Course Planning
• Establishes admissions departmental objectives and implements college policies and procedures.
• Coordinate, manage and evaluate department budget.
• Representing the college at college fairs/visits as deemed appropriate.
• Representation of an assigned territory.
• Collaborates with the Director of Marketing & Communication on the strategic marketing plan for admission events and recruitment.
• Collaborates with other departments on special projects and assignments.
• Develops, implements, manages, troubleshoots and supervises the CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system and related staff.
• Develop and update documentation for operating procedure manuals for all departmental processing and systems unique to admissions including oversight of departmental communication plans to ensure all staff are current and updated on regulations, policies, practices and significant developments.
• Participates and administers grants as required in conjunction with the Grants Office.
• Supervises assigned employees within the Admissions office, participates in the selection of personnel, schedules, and assigns work, ensures proper staffing levels and workloads; directs, evaluates, and trains assigned personnel in conjunction with the manager.
• Evaluate and motivate departmental employees and provide support for training in a team environment.
• In the absence of the manager, manage the day-to-day operations of the office.
• Provides weekly admissions reporting to Registrar and Vice President of Student Services.
• Provides weekly, monthly and annual reports on recruitment and admissions activities taking place at the college.
• Serves on college committees as assigned.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to the Registrar/Director of Enrollment Services.
SUPERVISION GIVEN: Supervises full- and part-time staff as assigned.