| || |
The Coordinator position is a highly visible member of the university community who interacts across divisional lines and works collaboratively with many segments of the university. This is a live-in position, meaning staff members are provided a furnished apartment, meal plan, and upgraded reserved parking space. When available and approved, Coordinators receive departmental support for professional involvement and travel. There are 9 Coordinators on the Residence Life Team, along with 13 Graduate Assistants, 3 Assistant Directors, 2 Administrative Professionals, and the Senior Associate Director
- Direct supervision of 2 RDs and 9-15 RAs
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings with all staff.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings with RA staff and bi-monthly area meetings with RD staff.
- Provide on-going staff training and development.
- Ensure expectations are being met by staff, and initiate job action and developmental conversations to encourage correction and facilitate learning.
- Complete formal evaluations of staff once each semester.
- Oversee management of programming and staff development budgets.
- Work to create an environment of mutual support and encouragement of teamwork.
- Assist with the selection and training of all student staff members.
Community Development & Residence Education
- Develop goals for the community on an annual basis.
- Be accessible, visible and present to students in the building and area.
- Assist in the implementation of the programming model and provide educational and social activities in community.
- Develop and utilize skills to work with diverse student populations.
Maintain sensitivity to different perspectives and identities.
- Opportunity to assist with and promote the Residence Hall Association and National Residence Hall Honorary.
- Opportunity to work with Residential Learning Communities (RLCs).
- Collaborate with partnering departments to facilitate social and educational activities for the community on a regular basis and to develop relationships to assist in connecting students to resources.
- Attend staff-planned activities and educational programs
Crisis and Case Management
- Participate in a rotating weekly on-call system providing emergency assistance to staff and approximately 6,200 residents, including potentially over university breaks.
- Provide leadership to staff and students during crises in the residence hall and in the greater campus community.
- Monitor and maintain in-hall RA duty rotation.
- Become familiar with and follow institutional and departmental guidelines regarding emergencies.
- Review all incident reports and documentations and refer appropriate incident reports to Dean of Students office.
- Serve as hearing officer for most first and second-time University Housing and Code of Conduct violations.
- Serve as a case manager for student concerns and intervention within the area of responsibility, including coordinating wellness checks, follow-up, and coordination with Residence Life Leadership Team and Dean of Students Office.
- Clearly communicate, interpret and enforce department and university policies to staff and students.
- Ensure staff members are appropriately confronting and documenting behavior issues and concerns.
- Serve as a resource or referral for information concerning Student Affairs.
- Serve on departmental and division work groups, task forces, and committees (including selection) as requested or approved by supervisor.
- Along with the Residence Life team, develop and assist in achieving University Housing department goals.
- Attend staff training and professional development events in University Housing and Student Affairs.
- Attend and participate in Residence Life meetings.
- Meet weekly with direct supervisor, Assistant Director of Residence Life.
- Develop and complete a professional development plan.
- Post and maintain office hours as required by supervisor.
- Work closely with the Administration Services staff regarding room changes, consolidations, occupancy reports, withdrawals, etc.
- Work with technology including Google Suite, StarRez Community Management Software, AiM Work Order System, eRezLife Evaluation and Job Action Software, Maxient Student Conduct Software, Engage Programming Software, etc…
- Perform administrative tasks as delegated by the Senior Associate Director of Residence Life.
- Complete summer responsibilities including, but not limited to summer school, orientation, and special projects.
- Ensure compliance with key and security related policies.
- Communicate facilities needs and projects with staff and students.
- Maintain contact with Housekeeping and Maintenance Leadership about concerns in area.
- Maintain monthly contact with building maintenance staff, housekeeping staff, and area supervisors.
- Conduct fire drills in the residence halls, in support of Fire Life and Safety Coordinator