At Frederick Community College we proudly serve the educational needs of our students, help develop the economic vitality of our local communities, and enrich the lives of Frederick County residents. Each year, more than 16, 000 students take a diverse scope of courses at Frederick Community College, located in Frederick, Maryland. Our vast range of courses includes quality instruction in more than 85 degree and certificate programs as well as workforce training and continuing education to meet the needs and interests of our community members. FCC proudly embraces and showcases academics, arts, athletics and more to provide pathways to success for all students. Each year we provide direct service to thousands of residents and indirect services to countless more. We credit our ability to deliver these services to the strength and commitment of our people. We invite you to explore all that we have to offer!
Relocation Provided?: No
The Assistant Director of Disability Access Services works closely with faculty and staff to ensure that students with disabilities are appropriately accommodated in all aspects of their Frederick Community College (FCC) experience. This position assists with coordinating resources and services that support the College's responsibility to ensure equal access for students with disabilities under federal and local law to all curricular and co-curricular opportunities. The assistant director reviews and analyzes requests for accommodations and determines reasonable and appropriate accommodations for students under the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and amendments. This position requires the ability to use varying styles and approaches that reflect an understanding and acceptance of the role of culture in a diverse, inclusive, and multicultural workplace.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following are the functions essential to performing this job:
1. Conduct intake interviews, assess psychological, medical, and educational test results to determine eligibility for accommodations, and develop individual accommodation plans for students based on needs, disability, and relevant laws.
2. Support the Director in promoting compliance and ensuring students with disabilities have appropriate access to services and accommodations within all areas of the College in collaboration with other campus departments and partners.
3. Provide case management services to affiliated students with disabilities to facilitate student success and persistence. This includes, but is not limited to, continuous monitoring and review of current accommodations and their effectiveness, conducting additional intake meetings for students as new needs arise, transferring documentation to Accommodate, maintaining detailed and timely case notes, and addressing and investigating accommodation concerns or questions.
4. Serve as a liaison between faculty, staff, and students regarding accommodations, providing referrals where appropriate.
5. Assist the Director in meeting prospective and incoming students with disabilities and their families to discuss the resources and accommodations provided through DAS.
6. Assist the Director in implementing policies and procedures that address the needs and concerns of students with disabilities and assist with collecting and analyzing data on these students.
7. Document student interactions and maintain a confidential record-keeping system.
8. Provide guidance and direction to DAS staff when the Director is not present or available.
9. Provide scheduling assistance in the absence of the Interpreting Coordinator.
10. Supports various enrollment, retention, and completion initiatives of the College.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Salary: $65,914 - $72,505 annually
FCC offers a generous benefits package which includes medical insurance, dental and vision plans, waiver of FCC tuition for employee and eligible dependents, tuition reimbursement, generous leave benefits, retirement plans, and more! Frederick Community College prohibits discrimination against any person on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status in its activities, admissions, educational programs, and employment. Frederick Community College, an equal opportunity employer, values campus diversity in students and staff and encourages members from historically under-represented groups to apply.
Frederick Community College (FCC) is a public college accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE). FCC is distinguished by its quality and affordability, making it attainable and valuable for local students. Accredited programs, comprehensive instruction, and affordable costs of attendance have made FCC the learning destination for more than 200,000 students since 1957.