Boston College Introduction
Location: Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,445 full-time undergraduates and 5,125 graduate and professional students. Ranked 35 among national universities, Boston College has 878 full-time and 1,201 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $1.2 billion, and an endowment in excess of $2.8 billion.Job Description
* Primary responsibilities are the organization and management of team travel, budgeting and business reports, student-athlete eligibility, special events, and summer football camp.
* The Assistant Director of Football Operations is responsible for managing each home and away travel itinerary, travel roster, hotel listing, menus, charter manifests and will travel as the advance team contact to each game site to ensure a smooth transition when the team and coaches arrive.
* During post-season travel to bowl games, this also includes creating a bowl manual for each player, coach, staff and invited guests as to the bowl events and itinerary.
* Using PeopleSoft, the Assistant Director creates and manages all expense reports from the football coaches and office staff. This also includes the creation of purchase orders.
* This position is responsible for monitoring NCAA and Boston College compliance performance issues including eligibility, recruiting, playing and practice issues, student-athlete employment, special assistant funds, Pell Grants and weekly NCAA compliance paperwork/logs.
* The Assistant Director of Football Operations coordinates all aspects of the end of the year banquet which includes securing a site, set-up details, budget, awards, and the events timeline. This position will serve as the liaison to the Gridiron Club which is the friends group of the Football Program with a membership of 750 friends and alumni.
* This position will interact on a regular basis with several offices within the athletic department such as:
Business Office, Compliance, Marketing, Media Relations and Learning Resources; offices on campus such as Housing, Dining Services, Student Services and Accounts Payable.
* This position, along with the Head Football Coach, has management responsibility of a recruiting travel budget, non-recruiting travel budget Scanlan Award Dinner budget and summer football camp budget. The Assistant Director of Football Operations also coordinates and organizes the program's summer football camp. This includes: coordinating all mailing (brochures, letters, confirmations, etc.), assisting the camp director with camp staff hiring, coordinating the camp payroll, overseeing the camp budget, processing all camp invoices, expenses and refunds, managing camp housing needs, requirements and assignments, coordinate and fulfill all aspects of the Massachusetts State Regulations necessary in order to operate a camp for children.
* This position also supervises the three office assistants and four graduate assistants and assists the Director of Football Operations with all the programs special events: football alumni, clinics, Pro Day, player-parent events.
* This position is also responsible for handling and operating the message boards in the Yawkey Athletics Center getting important messages to players and coaches.
Department: 011101 - Football Mens
Position: 00009047 - Assistant Director/Football Operations
Full-Time Equivalent Hiring Range: $53,950 to $67,450; salary commensurate with relevant experience.Requirements
*Assistant DirectorBachelor's degree required.
*Two to three years of successful experience, preferable at the collegiate level.
* Exceptional organization, communication skills.
*Ability to work efficiently in a stressful and demanding environment.
*Ability to work effectively with student-athletes, coaches, athletic staff, University personnel and alumni.
*Proficient computer skills including but not limited to, Microsoft Office and FileMaker Pro.
*This position is required to perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with all NCAA, ACC and institutional rules and regulations.
*Master's degree is preferred.Closing Statement
Boston College offers a broad and competitive range of benefits depending on your job classification eligibility:
- Tuition remission for Employees
- Tuition remission for Spouses and Children who meet eligibility requirements
- Generous Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Low-Cost Life Insurance
- Eligibility for both University-Funded 401k and Employer-Sponsored 403b Retirement Plans
- Paid Holidays Annually
- Generous Sick and Vacation Pay
- Additional benefits can be found on https://www.bc.edu/employeehandbook
Boston College conducts pre-employment background checks as part of the hiring process and requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Boston College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. In concert with our Jesuit, Catholic mission, Boston College is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications for women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.
Boston College's Notice of Nondiscrimination can be viewed at https://www.bc.edu/nondiscrimination.