Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Employment Condition: Unlimited
Provide comprehensive financial aid and information services to students, staff, faculty, the community, and departments of government agencies. Complete numerous functions related to processing of financial aid for students. Responsibilities include but, not limited to:
- Reviewing Post-Secondary Grant Applications to ensure accuracy and eligibility.
- Review and process reports, transcripts and escalate errors to Information Technology Services.
- Provide support functions to Financial Aid and Student Services Suite
- Knowledge of business software programs such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access sufficient to enter data, run reports, format correspondence and presentation/training materials.
- Customer service skills sufficient to respond to requests with courtesy and respect.
- Ability to communicate sufficient to interview students and accurately assess their financial needs and train staff.
- Math skills sufficient to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentage calculations.
- Ability to organize and maintain records, materials, and files.
Current and former employees must be in good standings with Minneapolis College for consideration.
Minneapolis College is one of the largest and most diverse two-year colleges in Minnesota, serving students in credit and noncredit programs. The college enrolls 56% students of color. As a comprehensive public community and technical college, Minneapolis College offers 114 credentials in 44 liberal arts and career and technical programs. The college has strong ties to corporate and industry partners that help fund student scholarships, provide state-of-the-art training and equipment, and offer internship and employment opportunities to the college's graduates.
Minneapolis College is located downtown with easy access to jobs, internships, city life, restaurants, entertainment venues and cultural activities just steps away. The Twin Cities is also home to a population of more than three million people and has one of the highest concentrations of corporate headquarters of any metropolitan area in the country. The region consistently ranks high in quality-of-life surveys, with a relatively low cost of living and a wealth of cultural and recreational activities.
Minneapolis College is a member of the Minnesota State colleges and universities system. With 37 colleges and universities across 54 campuses, Minnesota State is the largest provider of higher education in the state of Minnesota and the fourth largest system of higher education in the United States.
The safety of all members of the Minneapolis College campus community is of vital
concern. Resources including the current Annual Compliance and Security Report are available at the link Minneapolis College Public Safety
or go to https://minneapolis.edu/student-services/public-safety.