Assistant Vice President, Student Affairs - 003129Division:
210360 - Student Center AdministrationMinimum Qualifications:
Terminal degree in a related field from an accredited institution as approved and accepted by the University of South Alabama and five years progressively responsible related experience in student affairs.Preferred Qualifications: Essential Functions:
These are the job duties required of the position.
Number of Vacancies:
- Supervises University Programs, Student Activities, Greek Life, Student Center Services, Center for Educational Accessibility & Disability Resources ( CEADR ), Upward Bound, University Counseling & Testing Center, Title IX and Veterans Affairs.
- Provides leadership to departments responsible for coordinating, planning, implementing and evaluating activities that promote student success and engagement that support the mission of the University and the Student Affairs Division.
- Evaluates and determines the need for facility maintenance and coordinates with various departments to solve issues.
- Assists in long range planning for campus life functional areas as well as any facility renovations/additions.
- Advises students and student organizations as necessary.
- Collaborates and facilitates collaboration between individual departments and key constituents through Week of Welcome and other university-wide programs.
- Supervises professional, clerical and student staff to include assigning duties, reviewing performance, approving time off, time sheet approvals, managing disciplinary issues, preparing evaluations.
- Prepares budgets and authorizes appropriations.
- Completes annual assessment requirements and leads assessment initiatives for the Student Affairs Division.
- Participates on University committees.
- Coordinates professional development opportunities for the Division of Student Affairs in accordance with the professional standards of the field.
- Assists Student Affairs staff with personal and departmental assessment strategies and methods including, but not limited to, the development learning outcomes and TracDat in order to improve programs and services.
- Performs all functions and responsibilities of a Campus Security Authority as defined in the Clery Act.
- Regular and prompt attendance.
- Ability to work schedule as defined and additional hours as required.
- Related duties as required.
1Position End Date (if temporary): Job Open Date:
02/09/2023Job Close Date:
02/09/2023Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants: Working Days:
Monday - FridayWorking Hours:
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.Job Location:
Main CampusFull-time or Part-Time:
Full TimeTemporary or Regular: Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents Optional Documents
- * Are you at least 18 years of age?
- * Do you have a legal right to work in the United States?
- * The University of South Alabama typically does not sponsor individualsfor staff positions. Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Less than High School
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree (or will obtain within 6 months)
- Masters Degree (or will obtain within 6 months)
- Terminal Degree (or will obtain within 6 months)
- * How many years of related experience do you have?
- Less than 1 year
- Between 1 - 3 years
- Between 3 - 5 years
- Between 5 - 7 years
- More than 7 years
- * How did you hear about this position?
- USA website
- Zip Recruiter
- HigherEd Jobs
- Alabama Career Center / Alabama Works
- Word of mouth
The University of South Alabama is an EO/AA employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other applicable legally protected basis. If you feel you have been discriminated against, please notify the Equal Employment OpportunityInvestigator or the Assistant Vice President, Human Resources/Finance and Administration.
EO/AA Employer - minorities/females/veterans/disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
The University of South Alabama publishes certain crime statistics for the most recent three-year period as required by the Jeanne Clery Act. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the school. The report, along with additional information, is available online at: http://www.southalabama.edu/departments/police/resources/fireandsafetyreport.pdf . You may also request a paper copy from the University Police office located at 290 Stadium Blvd, Beta Gamma Commons Building, Mobile, AL 36688.Apply Here