Location: Houston, TX, United States,
The Student Wellbeing Office at Rice University supports student development and success by providing a good first point of contact for students who want to talk to someone about solutions to their wellbeing and mental health concerns.
The Student Wellbeing Office is seeking a full-time Wellbeing Advisor. This position will provide in-person outreach programming and individual case management for Rice students on campus, and consultations on mental health and administrative issues for faculty, staff, students and student family members.
This position is fully on-campus. The wellbeing advisor is responsible for setting a flexible schedule to address community needs, which includes working days, in the evenings and on some weekends on campus.
The expected hiring range is between $45,000 - $48,000 annually, contingent upon qualifications and experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in counseling, social work, public health, or another related field
- No experience required
- Knowledge of wellbeing case management or wellbeing education / community level social services to a culturally diverse young adult population
- Computer literate-especially PowerPoint, Excel, Work, Google Drive, and Zoom
- Must be able to have a flexible schedule and work in the evenings and weekends
- Provides case management and wellbeing advising for students whose behavior, academic progress, or mental or physical impairment indicate a need for assistance, identifies students problems and arranges for needed services, both on and off campus
- Creates and delivers mental health outreach programming / community level social services for Rice students, faculty, staff, students and their families as needed, based on the current needs of the University
- Maintains case history and programming records, and prepare reports when necessary
- Attends college events, student government events and meetings, hosts outreach events in the residential colleges, in graduate housing, and academic departments
- Employee may be assigned or required to perform additional duties to the benefit of the department or University
- Participates in after-hours student meetings and campus events
- Designs marketing strategies and graphic materials
- Advises student organizations and student leaders
- Identifies students' problems and arranges for needed services, both on and off campus
- Provides student crisis management, as needed
- Master's Degree in counseling, social work, public health, or another related field
- Eligible for Texas license in professional counseling or social work. LPC, LCSW, or LMSW
- One or more years of experience providing wellbeing case management or wellbeing education / community level social services to a culturally diverse young adult population (includes experience gained in internships and /or other related pre-master's experience)
- Outreach or prevention specialist
- Facilitated psychoeducational groups
- Experience as a high school or college level counselor / case manager
Rice University HR | Benefits
Rice Mission and Values
Mission and Values | Rice University
Rice University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with commitment to diversity at all levels, and considers for employment qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
Faculty and staff are expected (but not required) to have completed a full vaccination series for COVID-19 (currently defined as full course COVID-19 Vaccine (typically two shots of a WHO-approved COVID-19 Vaccine or one J&J) and a COVID-19 booster. Rice does not require documentation for COVID 19 vaccination at this time for faculty and staff. More information can be found here: https://coronavirus.rice.edu/policies