Rocky Vista University
Rocky Vista University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Rocky Vista University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Location
: Graduate Medical EducationType
: Part-Time 19 hours or lessLocation, Job Title, BenefitsRocky Vista University in Utah has an opening for aRegional Director of Clinical Education (Part-Time )To be considered for this position applicants should submit a resume/cover letter and salary requirements.SALARY:
$62,200 - $80,840+ per year, the posted salary range represents the minimum to the midpoint within RVU's compensation plan. RVU's full compensation structure provides a minimum to a maximum range. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to skill, knowledge, experience, education, and credentials.BENEFITS:
RVU offers benefits that include paid sick and 401(K). A hybrid work model with remote flexibility is also available for eligible positions.Commitment to Inclusive Excellence:
We are Rocky Vista University (RVU), a diverse, equitable, and inclusive healthcare education university that recognizes, values, and respects the commonalities and differences reflected in our students, staff, faculty, and alumni. We strive to be compassionate healthcare educators and practitioners who embrace and champion diversity, equity, and inclusion.
RVU is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.Primary Purpose
The Regional Director of Clinical Education will assist the Associate Dean of Clinical Education in creating, managing, and constantly improving student clerkship rotations, in the Utah Region. Responsibilities will include planning and implementing programs that help ensure excellent outcomes in the third and fourth year clinical education program.Essential Job Functions
Marginal Job Functions
- Demonstrate an active and consistent commitment to the mission of Rocky Vista University and its College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with community physicians and health care executives in the Salt Lake/Davis/Weber regions.
- Recruit clinical adjunct faculty to create and support quality clinical rotations.
- Oversee RVUCOM clerkship rotations in the Utah region.
- Participate in clerkship rotation site visits and inspections to ensure quality student experiences and for adjunct faculty compliance to the Clinical Education Manual.
- Help oversee the development of the policies and procedures for the clinical education of RVUCOM-Utah students, the development of the clinical curriculum and clinical education sites for the COM, ensures the delivery and continuous evaluation and improvement of the clinical curriculum.
- Work with faculty and administration to implement the integration of clinical knowledge and skills, biomedical sciences and osteopathic principles and practices throughout the pre-doctoral education to advance RVUCOM students' professionalism, knowledge, skills and competencies to the level required for osteopathic graduate medical education.
- Help develop and coordinate programs and resources to assist and promote faculty development.
- Help oversee evaluations of adjunct clinical faculty for clerkship rotations, in the assigned Utah region.
- Assure the advancement and integration of high standards for ethical and professional behavior in all aspects for RVUCOM-UT and personnel.
- Participate in institutional and committee meetings as designated by the Dean.
- Participate in student interviews.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with community physicians and healthcare executives with the goal of advancing quality clinical rotations for the PA program and in collaboration with the RVU College of Osteopathic Medicine's (COM) Department of Clinical Education
- Provide guidance and assist the PA program clinical team in securing clinical sites/preceptors from a variety of specialty areas as requested.
- Assist and advise the PA Program Director and PA Director of Clinical Education with proposed changes in program clinical curriculum and policies
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Assist the Faculty and Administrators with special project assignments.
- Promote a high reputation of RVU and its COM campuses.
- Participate in media and public relations activities to further the mission of RVUCOM.
- Assist in identification and development where indicated of post graduate training programs.
- Assist in delivery of OB clinical prep lab, fill in for first year PCM, OPP, and Ultrasound labs when necessary, teach juvenile idiopathic arthritis
- Ability to work off-campus and travel to clinical rotation sites.
- Demonstrate time management skills and organizational skills.
- Ability to problem-solve efficiently.
- Ability to negotiate effectively.
- Knowledge of University and College Policy and Procedures.
- Knowledge of the Clinical Education Manual.
- Knowledge of student services and activities.
- Demonstrations of professional involvement and leadership
- Demonstrations of scholarly activity, research, service to public or profession.
- Well known and reputable in the Utah medical community
- Demonstrations of professional involvement and leadership in medical organizations.
- Track record of leadership on diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives to foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for faculty, staff and students.
- D.O. or M.D. degree earned from an AOA or LCME accredited college of osteopathic or allopathic medicine
- 1-3 years experience in medical education.
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and drug screening.
- Previous work experience in a medical school
- 4-6 years of experience in medical education.
Qualified applicants will be contacted. There may be an additional video interview for you to complete. Please watch your email including spam and promotions folder.Rocky Vista University, on the recommendation of the COVID-19 Response Team (CRT), implemented a mandatory vaccination policy for all employees and students effective July 1, 2021. Appropriate exemptions may be considered, and individual state laws may apply.
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary. The following are essential abilities and physical requirements for all positions at the University.
- Ability to orally communicate effectively with others;
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, using the English language;
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staffs at all levels;
- May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties;
- May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies to include, but not limited to, pens, pencils, calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, etc.;
- May be required to transport oneself to other campus offices, conference rooms, and on occasion, to off-campus sites to attend meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.