Location: Rockville, Maryland
Montgomery College, Rockville Campus, has an immediate need for a full-time Enrollment and Student Access Specialist. The work schedule is Monday-Friday 8:30 am -5:00 pm with some evenings and weekends depending upon the needs of the department. This position may also require occasional travel to other campuses and locations. This is a bargaining, non- exempt, grade 23 position. For non-exempt positions, you are not eligible to work a secondary job at Montgomery College.
The Enrollment and Student Access Specialist serves as a primary resource for individuals to gain access to College academic programs, services, and other resources. With an overall knowledge and understanding of college programs and services, the incumbent will guide students through various processes, specifically those associated with on-boarding and enrollment, and direct students, college employees and the public to access the college and its services and resources.
The duties of the position involve a variety of processes, procedures and methods, and require the incumbent to balance competing tasks, with creating a positive and welcoming atmosphere for visitors, and maintaining up-to-date knowledge of College programs, services and activities.
Regular contacts vary but include all categories of students (credit/non-credit, new/current, etc.) and their families, as well as College employees, the general public and external organizations such as vendors, professional education associations, non-profits and schools/colleges.
Montgomery College promotes and creates a working and learning environment rooted in the basic tenets of fairness, diversity, and inclusiveness.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Collect, organize, and analyze information obtained from multiple sources in order to advise students, parents, and the general public on College-wide activities, courses, programs and services.
- As a first point of contact to the college, analyze student inquiries, ascertain solutions, and direct students in proper action steps.
- Develop and maintain a broad knowledge base of college programs, services and other activities, particularly those related to student on-boarding and enrollment.
- Assist students through on-boarding and enrollment (admissions, assessment/placement requirements, advising, enrollment, financial aid) processes and procedures.
- Assist students with navigating the College website and all aspects of the student portal.
- Anticipate and define student problems, troubleshoot issues, and provide recommendations to improve organizational performance.
- Attend meetings on behalf of the unit, as assigned.
- Perform data entry and analysis, and participate in student outreach efforts, such as calling and social media campaigns.
- Review and process requests related to holds and credit hour limits, taking measures to ensure information security and accuracy.
- Coordinate and input incoming test scores for prospective students, as required.
- Process applications for admissions to the College, and other admissions related functions, taking measures to prevent and/or resolve duplicate student records.
- Collect, review, and verify incoming documents for completeness and accuracy, and scan/store documents according to established Federal, State and College requirements.
- Manage correspondence (mail, email, phone), including but not limited to creating written correspondence to internal and external
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree and two (2) years of experience working in admissions, enrollment services, records and registration, or other enrollment related office or the equivalent combination of education, training, certification and/or experience that provides the required knowledge and expertise to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Thorough knowledge of student services areas, with emphasis on the enrollment and financial aid application processes, student confidentiality, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), College policies, procedures, programs, and services.
- Comprehensive customer service skills and familiarity with conflict management techniques.
- Proficient in using a personal computer, integrated software systems, and office applications used at the College (MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, the Internet, or other packages, as required by the supervisor). Proficient in the use of Banner or other student information system.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to organize work and prioritize tasks, to work both independently and as part of a team, and to think critically to bring about problem resolution.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and the public, and in facilitating and modeling quality customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with and within a diverse population with diplomacy and tact.
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Bilingual in (Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese, French or Amharic)
- Two (2) or more years of customer service experience
- Collegiate database experience
- Cover letter preferred along with resume
Hiring Range: $24.45 - $31.77/per hour. Initial salary placement is based on candidate experience and internal equity.
- Position is open until filled.
- For consideration, you must attach a resume which provides the month and year(s) worked at each employer and detailed experience to reflect the duties and responsibilities performed at each employer.
- Click Here to apply online
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable).
For international degrees, you must provide US degree equivalency verified by a nationally recognized credential evaluation service.
Participation in a retirement plan. If you are retired from the Maryland State System, you may not enroll in either the pension, or optional retirement plan, per state law.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
Open Until Filled