Essential Job Functions:
· Work closely with the Director on the completion and implementation of the Office of Civic & Community Engagement’s new strategic plan and the assessment and evaluation of existing and new programming.
· Oversee the implementation and management of Give Pulse on campus and in the community, including development of marketing, facilitation of trainings, supervising student ambassadors, and posting opportunities.
· Coordinate the programmatic aspects of the Centre Bonner Program, including supervision of student leaders, development of calendar, planning of trainings, retreats and cornerstone events, and tracking and reporting of hours.
· Provide success coaching and support to Bonner students to help them reach their academic and personal goals through regular one-on-one meetings, connecting them to relevant campus and community resources;
· Assist with recruitment and selection of prospective Bonner students in partnership with Admissions and Financial Aid;
· Maintain a strong working relationship with the Bonner Foundation, including attending the Bonner Foundation’s annual directors/coordinators meetings and participating in other Bonner Foundation special initiatives.
· Provide support and guidance for campus-wide service initiatives, including the Centre Service Council, Poverty & Homelessness Week, Blood Drives, the After School Program, Food Recovery Network, and Fall/Spring Break Service Trips;
· Assist with civic engagement programming including voter registration and education, and the Voter Friendly Campus initiative;
· Meet with community partners and represent the Civic & Community Engagement Office at community events;
· Manage social media accounts and oversee publicity for programs and events;
· Participate in special projects and initiatives as a member of the division of Student Life;
· Demonstrates an appreciation of and commitment to further an inclusive culture for those of diverse backgrounds such as ability, age, class, ethnicity, faith, gender, neurodiversity, race and sexual orientation.
Marginal Job Functions:
· Contribute to the overall success of the department by performing all other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Civic & Community Engagement and/or Dean of Students.
Minimum Education and Experience
· Bachelor's degree
· One (1) year of programming, volunteer coordination, or related experience is required.
· An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
Preferred Education and Experience
· Master's degree
· Experience working with Bonner Program
Knowledge and Skills
· Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups of people
· Solid analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills
· Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and a high degree of initiative for bringing tasks to completion
· This position is responsible for driving vehicles, specifically 15-passenger vans, therefore a valid Driver’s License and a good driving record is required.
· Limited pushing, pulling, lifting. Lifting would not exceed 40 lbs.
· Mobility on campus and in community necessary.
Interested applicants must apply through the Centre College Human Resources site at Employment at Centre | Centre College (with a cover letter, resume, and list of references). Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until filled. For full consideration, application materials must be submitted online by June 9th, 2023.