Location: Westchester Campus,
Under general supervision, this position will support the development, planning and implementation of summer session recruitment, applications and enrollment for visiting non-degree students and entering first-year and transfer students.
Position Specific Accountabilities
Work closely with colleagues in Summer Programs, the Office of the Registrar, and Undergraduate Admission to ensure appropriate systems integrations between Slate (the university's application system) and Banner (the university's student record and registration system).
Interface with LMU faculty and college academic advisors to assist visiting and incoming students in obtaining transcript reviews, course placement test scores, and override approvals for summer courses with prerequisite requirements.
Work with staff across campus to ensure specific student populations receive appropriate approvals for summer session coursework, including the Office of International Student Services for visa approvals and Transfer Admission and Enrollment Services for re-admitted students looking to return to LMU after a leave of absence.
Work alongside staff in Orientation Programs, Undergraduate Admission, and the Office of the Registrar to ensure a seamless summer session registration process for incoming first-year and transfer students that does not conflict with fall course registration for these populations.
Understand and enforce LMU, Summer Program, and Office of the Registrar policy and procedure to ensure visiting students and incoming first-year and transfer students are registered in appropriate summer session courses and are in compliance with all student requirements for course registration.
Collect, record, maintain and report visiting student summer records within FERPA guidelines.
Support departmental communication and content creation efforts promoting Summer Session enrollment. Monitor departmental email and phone accounts and respond to general inquiries via email, phone or Zoom call related to the visiting student program or new student summer enrollment.
Manage web updates before, during and after summer session to ensure timely and accurate information is accessible to students interested in summer session courses.
Represent LMU within professional organizations (North American Association of Summer Sessions), serve on committees as required.
Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
Loyola Marymount University Expectations
Exhibit behavior that supports the mission, vision, and values of the university. Communicate and employ interpersonal actions that model high standards of professional, responsible, accountable, and ethical conduct. Demonstrate a commitment to outstanding customer service.
- Typically, a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Master's degree highly desirable Incumbent will be expected to continue upgrading knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to keep abreast of regulation/policy changes, in the field of teacher education and higher education.
- Minimum four years of administrative experience of increasing responsibility preferably in an academic environment.
- Exemplary communication skills (both written and oral) evidenced by background in preparing written communication to constituents, supervisees, and external audiences.
- Maintain confidences and confidential information.
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities with converging deadlines, maintaining a detail-oriented approach to each task.
- Highly developed organizational and customer service skills.
- Demonstrate a commitment to outstanding customer service.
- Demonstrated computer competency and proficiency in data collection, organization, and reporting, and demonstrated ability in utilizing technology effectively in streamlining and innovating current process. Experience with Oracle Banner, Etrieve, and/or Technolutions Slate application and admission software highly preferred.
- Availability for occasional evening and weekend program activities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
$64,480.00 - $71,600.00 Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Loyola Marymount University, a Carnegie classified R2 institution in the mainstream of American Catholic higher education, seeks outstanding applicants who value its mission and share its commitment to inclusive excellence, the education of the whole person, and the building of a just society. LMU is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment as defined by federal, state and local law. We invite all persons in the full diversity of their being, life experience, and beliefs to apply. (Visit www.lmu.edu for more information.)