Success Navigator- Wadena Campus, home campus. Regular travel to support the Detroit Lakes campus.
Minnesota State Community and Technical College
Location: Fergus Falls, Minnesota
Internal Number: 1924
Location: Wadena Campus home campus. Regular travel to support the Detroit Lakes campus.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Employment Condition: Limited
This position exists to assist students in the transition to college through new student onboarding, registration assistance, and wrap-around support services. The navigators will work with students in an in-person and virtual setting as workshop facilitator and one-on-one to aid in successful entry into college and completion of their first two semesters.
This is a 5-year grant funded position. The home campus for this position will be Wadena and will include regular travel to support the Detroit Lakes campus.
The values that guide our work include access and opportunity, equity, inclusion, belonging, cultural competence, culturally responsive pedagogy and service, and community engagement. Our educational environments are culturally relevant, responsive, and innovative to the students we serve. Our students are assets, we affirm their identities and lived experiences, and provide spaces that are emotionally safe and reflective of who students are.
· Live the mission, vision and values of M State to ensure a positive experience for all students and stakeholders. Service to M State students and stakeholders is a core component of the position and work responsibilities.
· Work collaboratively through coordinated support efforts to enhance the student experience and increase persistence and retention.
· Support the operation of college and campus Student Services operational area(s).
· Facilitate non-credit workshops to better prepare students for the first day of classes.
· Assist Career Services with networking and career exploration events.
· Associate degree AND two years' experience in leading clients/students toward goal completion in education, or related field; OR Bachelor's degree in related field;
· Customer service skills sufficient to actively listen to and understand customer needs and provide accurate information and appropriate alternatives in a timely, thorough, courteous, respectful, and professional manner
· Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse populations.
· Ability to actively listen to and understand student needs and requests;
· Experience using a case management or customer service management system to record, track, and report on client/students interventions and outcomes;
· Ability and willingness to travel and work a flexible schedule including occasional evenings and weekends
· Computer software applications and systems sufficient to enter data and create basic business correspondence, documents and training presentations.
Communication, both oral and written, in individual and group settings via phone or in person, sufficient to motivate students and influence behavior or turn a situation around and work with colleagues in a cooperative and respectful manner.
· Bachelor or Masters degree in related field
· Familiarity with higher education
· Experience working in a two-year community and technical college setting.
M State is a regional student-focused institution that is poised for a strong future. It is the fifth-largest outstate college in the Minnesota State system and the largest two-year college in Greater Minnesota, serving more than 8,000 credit-based students and 7,000 non-credit students each year. M State offers big-college resources and a small-college feel on our four welcoming campuses and in our many online courses and programs. Our faculty and staff are dedicated to the values of integrity, inclusion and innovation, and that dedication is reflected in our programs and in the support we offer to our students.
Mission, Vision, Values
Minnesota State Community and Technical College specializes in affordable and exceptional education, service and workforce training. We welcome all students and engage them in shaping their futures and their communities.
A success story for every student.
As dedicated professionals, we act with purpose in everything we do. We are sincere and honest in our relationships and communications and hold ourselves accountable to doing the right thing even when no one is watching.
We welcome, respect and accept people for who they are and celebrate the power of our collective differences in creating and shaping more robust, energized communities.
Through the power of our four campuses, strategic partnerships and creative problem-solving, we enhance communities. We incorporate technology to improve the student experience, and we see continuous improvement as a constant.
A comprehensive benefit package offered by the State of Minnesota, Minnesota State Colleges and Universities, and the bargaining unit contract of the position. Benefits may include: * Holidays, vacation and sick leave * Retirement * Medical and dental insurance * Life insurance * Accidental Death and Dismemberment * Disability insurance * Medical/Dental Expense Account * Dependent Care Expense Account * Health Reimbursement Account (eligibility based on bargaining unit contract) * Tuition Waiver (eligibility based on bargaining unit contract)
About Minnesota State Community and Technical College
Minnesota State Community and Technical College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission: Member of the North Central Association (1972-present). M State was admitted into the Commission's Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) in 2009. M State has numerous career/technical programs that are additionally accredited by boards, agencies, commissions, or professional organizations in their field or discipline. In addition to a strong liberal arts transfer program, M State offers highly successful programs in fields including business/accounting/marketing, dental hygiene, graphic design, nursing, computer and network technology and more.M State also has a strong eCampus option and a number of unique destination programs such as Electrical Line Worker, Marine and PowerSports Technology, and Diesel Equipment programs.