Location: Rockville, Maryland
Montgomery College, Maryland, has an immediate need for a full-time Collegewide Mental Health Services Coordinator in the Student Health and Wellness Center within the Student Affairs Department. The work schedule is Monday-Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm. This is a non-bargaining, exempt, grade 31 position. Montgomery College promotes and creates a working and learning environment rooted in the basic tenets of fairness, diversity, and inclusiveness. This position is eligible for telework up to one (1) day per week after successful completion of initial employment probationary period.
The Collegewide Mental Health Services Program Coordinator is responsible for developing, managing, and coordinating mental health services programs for faculty, staff, and students. Efforts aim to increase mental health awareness, reduce stigma, and provide programming to improve students' well-being. The Mental Health Services Coordinator will also provide crisis intervention and assist students in connecting with community mental health agencies as needed.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage and coordinate programming for faculty, staff, and students to address students' mental health needs.
- Conduct assessments and coordinate mental health services for students in crisis
- Coordinate and manage community outreach.
- Provide resources and support to campus and Collegewide Behavioral Intervention Teams
- Master's degree in clinical counseling, clinical social work, or other counseling-related field.
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), or Licensed Psychologist in the State of Maryland.
- Minimum five (5) years of clinical experience providing mental health counseling.
- Minimum two (2) years of clinical supervisory experience.
- Experience in crisis response and intervention.
- Experience in identifying community resources and establishing partnerships with mental health providers.
- Experience in developing and maintaining policies, procedures, and protocols related to mental health services.
- Experience in providing training on a variety of critical mental health issues.
- Experience in program development.
- Multicultural knowledge and understanding.
- Ability to develop workshops and trainings and make presentations on subject matter.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Project management skills.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
- Resume and cover letter required
- Knowledge and/or experience working in a higher education setting,
- Background check with fingerprints must be completed and cleared prior to hire.
- Strong coordination and leadership skills
- Proficiency in a foreign language
Hiring Range $74,445 to $96,768 annually. Initial salary placement is based on candidate experience and internal equity. Please include a complete resume including all relevant and related work experience.
Submit a cover letter along with a resume
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable).
For international degrees, you must provide US degree equivalency verified by a nationally recognized credential evaluation service.
Participation in a retirement plan. If you are retired from the Maryland State System, you may not enroll in either the pension, or optional retirement plan, per state law.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
Open Until Filled