The Sigma Chi Property Manager is a full-time staff member of the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life who is responsible for the quality of living in a fraternity house at the University of South Carolina. Primary duties include supervision of staff, maintenance and facility operations, residential program development and implementation, crisis management and student support. The Property Manager is responsible for working with a national house corporation.
This is a live-in position that requires 24/7 facility management and presence while residents are in the facility. Property managers also serve in the on-call duty rotation.
Primary duties include:
· Establish and maintain vendor relationships for the procurement of all groups and services necessary for the efficient operation of the property.
· Conduct semester inspections and reports noting any action necessary to properly maintain the facility including but not limited to health and safety inspections, DHEC required inspections and others as needed.
· Represent student needs by following-up on their concerns and questions promptly and personally, and communicate specific issues to your supervisor or other appropriate offices
· Work within approved facility budget and see that maintenance projects are addressed in timely fashion.
· Recruit, hire, train and supervise all facility employees including but not limited to kitchen staff and housekeeping staff.
· Respond appropriately in the event of a crisis situation, including contacting appropriate individuals and providing support for residents. Complete incident reports in a timely manner and refer students to campus resources when necessary.
· Serve as an effective liaison between the university/fraternity/sorority members and the House Corporations and external constituents such as alumni.
· Promote an academically supportive environment by intervening with students who are at risk due to academic or social concerns and by recognizing academic efforts and achievements.
Advertised Minimum Qualifications :
Requires a bachelor's degree and 2 or more years of experience.
This position has been designated as essential personnel during inclement / hazardous weather and other emergencies. In addition, this position requires a variable work schedule. Evening and weekend hours will be required. May graduates will be considered if they will be able to obtain their degree by the date of employment. Must pass required criminal background check.
The University of South Carolina is a globally recognized, high-impact research university committed to a superior student experience and dedicated to innovation in learning, research and community engagement. Founded in 1801, the university offers more than 300 degree programs and is a top-tier Carnegie Foundation research institution. More than 50,000 students are enrolled at one of 20 locations throughout the state, including the research campus in Columbia. With 60 nationally ranked academic programs including top-ranked programs in international business, the nation's best honors college and distinguished programs in engineering, law, medicine, public health and the arts, the university is helping to build healthier, more educated communities in South Carolina and around the world.