|Position Title: ||Associate Dean, Extended & International Operations || |
|Location: ||Big Rapids (Main Campus) || |
|Department: || |
40701 - EIO Student Services
|Advertised Salary: ||$100,000 - $120,000. Salary commensurate with education, experiences, and other requirements. Comprehensive benefit package (health care, vacation, etc.) || |
|FLSA: ||Exempt || |
|Temporary/Continuing: ||Continuing || |
|Part-Time/Full-Time: ||Full-Time || |
|Union Group: ||N/A || |
|Term of Position: ||12 Month || |
|At Will/Just Cause: ||Just Cause || |
|Summary of Position: ||Under the direction of the Dean, this position works under broad, administrative direction with significant responsibility for operations, evaluation, and compliance. Works integrally with the Dean to oversee daily operations of the unit, plays an integral role in the tracking and implementation of strategic plans, and establishes operational goals for the unit. Oversees assessment, quality improvement, and retention initiatives, and oversees activities such as developing new off-campus and online academic program initiatives with academic colleges and departments. Responds to inquiries from University departments, educational institutions, the community, students, and/or external agencies and assist with supervising administrative assistants and student staff. The anticipated start date for this position is May of 2023. However, this is an estimated date and can be revised if needed. || |
|Position Type: ||Staff || |
|Required Education: ||Master’s degree in business, education, or a related field. The requirements listed represent the required knowledge, skill, and/or ability. Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered. Equivalency for education is two years of full-time related work experience equals one year of education. || |
|Required Work Experience: ||• Five years of successful, full-time work experience in higher education, including progressively increased administrative responsibilities. |
• Experience in supervision and strategic planning.
• Experience in financial management and budgeting.
• Two years part-time is equivalent to one year full-time.
|Required Licenses and Certifications: || || |
|Physical Demands: || |
- Office Environment
- Repetitive Movement
|Additional Education/Experiences to be Considered: ||• A doctorate degree with a professional work background in higher education administration and teaching is preferred. |
• Experience building collaborative relationships resulting in new program development and excellent customer satisfaction.
• Experience as a team leader/project manager and demonstrated skill in using and implementing social networking applications in recruiting and enrolling students in higher education settings.
|Essential Duties/Responsibilities: ||Operations and Planning |
• Serve as the dean’s deputy for the EIO unit's administrative functions, and represent the dean in their absence.
• Assists the dean with strategic planning and the development of action plans, collaborating with academic colleges, department heads/chairs, program coordinators, faculty, and staff to ensure full participation in achieving operational goals.
• Establish necessary communications and coordination with staff and faculty on all matters within their assigned responsibilities, through meetings, conferences, and written reports.
• Serve as a liaison between the unit, Information Technology, and the General Counsel Office.
• Work with the dean on developing advisory activities for identifying the educational needs of business, industry, and professional groups throughout Michigan.
• Oversee continuous improvement and retention initiatives.
• Actively participate in appropriate University committees and task forces.
• Represent departmental needs and interests at institutional meetings.
Supervision and Staffing
• Conducts supervisory responsibilities for those directly or indirectly reporting to the associate dean following University policies and applicable laws, including training and development, performance evaluations, and monitoring non-salaried employees' hours.
• Coordinate the annual personnel performance evaluations process for the unit.
• Facilitate hiring for the unit, maintaining a visible role in the hiring, developing, and evaluating of administrative staff and adjunct faculty for the unit.
• Responsible for overseeing, coordinating, facilitating, and administrating off-campus credit programs, courses, and activities offered through EIO.
• Supervise regional and operational directors who administer credit outreach program activities.
• Collaborate with other academic and operational units of the University to ensure mutual success.
• Monitor student recruiting and retention efforts.
• Serve as a contact for emergencies and weather-related closures of off-campus locations.
• Works cooperatively with academic colleges and departments on student complaints, recruitment, admissions, and retention matters.
Finances and Travel
• Develop and manages general and non-general fund budgets for the unit.
• Oversee and approve expenditures and purchasing, including travel-related expenses for unit staff and faculty teaching at off-campus locations.
• Serve as the point for processing contracts and agreements in accordance with University policy.
• Supervise project management for grants and funded projects in the unit and assist in the application process.
• Review and be a subject matter expert on all policies and procedures relating to the expenditure of funds.
• Review and approve faculty release time and overload compensation for off-campus and online courses.
Policy and Compliance
• Updates policies, procedures, and training materials and ensure compliance with University policies and procedures, recommending updates as needed.
• Responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of designated information.
• Demonstrates understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion, especially in working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and community members.
• Any other duties assigned within the position classification area.
|Marginal Duties/Responsibilities: ||• Participate in appropriate professional organizations. |
• Attend workshops, seminars, and conferences related to areas of responsibility.
• Serve and chair various university and community committees.
|Skills and Abilities: ||• Demonstrate expertise in strategic planning and assessment practices. |
• Demonstrate good writing, public speaking, and presentation skills.
• Demonstrate project management skills and the ability to adhere to deadlines.
• Demonstrate skills in relationship building and communication.
• Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
• Function in a fast-paced, multi-task environment.
• Handle confidential material with discretion.
• Utilize the rules of proper grammar, correct spelling and punctuation, and correct arrangement of information.
• Demonstrated commitment, experience, and understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
|Required Documents: || |
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
|Optional Documents: ||Unofficial Transcript 2 || |
|Special Instructions to Applicants: ||Unofficial Transcript 1 (REQUIRED): Applicants must attach a copy of an unofficial transcript of highest degree earned, if applicable. If you do not have a transcript, please write a justification explaining how your work experience is equivalent to the required education and attach that justification in lieu of the transcript. |
The transcript must include: Institution name, applicant name, date of degree attained, and degree awarded. Finalist will be required to submit an official transcript (if applicable).
|Initial Application Review Date: ||May 1st, 2023 || |
|Open Until Position is Filled?: ||True || |
|Posting Close Date: || || |
|EEO Statement: ||Ferris State University, an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, is committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity within its community. Ferris offers employment opportunities to qualified candidates seeking careers in a student-focused environment that values opportunity, collaboration, diversity and educational excellence. Learn more about the Ferris Mission and community at ferris.edu. The University actively seeks applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and other underrepresented groups. For more information on the University’s Policy on Non-Discrimination, visit: Ferris Non-Discrimination Statement. || |
| || || |
| || || |