Classification Title: Student Recreation Program Coordinator
College/Division: Division of Student Affairs and Academic Support
Department: SAAS Student Life
Advertised Salary Range: $38,758 - $44,000
Advertised Job Summary:
The sport programs coordinator directly manages the intramural sports and sport club programs.This position will develop University of South Carolina students to provide opportunities for students to engage in meaningful beyond the classroom experiences.
Primary duties include:
· Manage the development, coordination, and administration of sport programs, consisting of intramural sports and sport clubs, based on current trends, to provide innovative recreational opportunities, which meets the needs of the USC community and based on current trends.
· Hire, train, schedule & supervise approximately 100 sport programs student employees. Design & facilitate training sessions with an emphasis on risk management, customer service, facility stewardship, leadership and intramurals sports & sport club specific knowledge.
· Counsel, mentor, and guide sport club officers and participants in gaining life-long skills and enhancing leadership development. Serve as the advisor to the Sport Club Executive Board. Serve as risk management liaison for sport clubs.
· Assist in fiscal oversight of a budget over $250,000, as well as assist with fiscal management of all Campus Rec budget units.
· Develop and implement strategic plans, priorities, and goals that increases quality of programs based on assessments and evaluations.
Advertised Minimum Qualifications :
Requires a bachelor's degree and 2 or more years of experience, which may be substituted by equivalent combination of certification, training, education, and/or experience.
Must possess or acquire, within 90 days of hire date, a current American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED certification.
This position requires a variable work schedule. Evening & weekend hours will be required. In addition, this position has been designated as essential personnel during inclement/hazardous weather and other emergencies. This position will also support the University's mission and goals through participating in recruitment and retention activities, as appropriate, for prospective and current students.
The University of South Carolina is a globally recognized, high-impact research university committed to a superior student experience and dedicated to innovation in learning, research and community engagement. Founded in 1801, the university offers more than 300 degree programs and is a top-tier Carnegie Foundation research institution. More than 50,000 students are enrolled at one of 20 locations throughout the state, including the research campus in Columbia. With 60 nationally ranked academic programs including top-ranked programs in international business, the nation's best honors college and distinguished programs in engineering, law, medicine, public health and the arts, the university is helping to build healthier, more educated communities in South Carolina and around the world.