Classification Title: Student Recreation Program Coordinator
College/Division: Division of Student Affairs and Academic Support
Department: SAAS Student Life
Advertised Salary Range: $38,758 - $44,000
Advertised Job Summary:
The coordinator of operations directly manages the leadership training of operations student employees and the management of operations at Campus Recreation facilities. This position will develop University of South Carolina students to provide opportunities for students to engage in meaningful beyond the classroom experiences.
Primary duties include:
· Provide onsite management at campus recreation facilities to support the mission of the department to include customer service functions, event management, operations of access and security systems.
· Hire, train, schedule, and supervise approximately 50 operations student employees. Design & facilitate training sessions with an emphasis on risk management, customer service, facility stewardship, leadership, and operations and facility specific knowledge.
· Assist in overseeing all Campus Recreation risk management operations.
· Create, administer, and direct fiscal oversight of a budget over $200,000, we well as assist with fiscal management of all Campus Rec budget units.
· Develop and implement strategic plans, priorities, and goals that increases quality of programs based on assessments and evaluations.
Advertised Minimum Qualifications :
Bachelor's degree and 2 or more years of experience, which may be substituted by equivalent combination of certification, training, education, and/or experience.
Must possess or acquire, within 90 days of hire date, a current American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED certification.
This position requires a variable work schedule. Intermittent evening and weekend hours will be required. This position is designated as essential personnel during inclement/hazardous weather and other emergencies. This position will support the University's mission and goals through participating in a recruitment and retention activities, as appropriate, for prospective and current students.
The University of South Carolina is a globally recognized, high-impact research university committed to a superior student experience and dedicated to innovation in learning, research and community engagement. Founded in 1801, the university offers more than 300 degree programs and is a top-tier Carnegie Foundation research institution. More than 50,000 students are enrolled at one of 20 locations throughout the state, including the research campus in Columbia. With 60 nationally ranked academic programs including top-ranked programs in international business, the nation's best honors college and distinguished programs in engineering, law, medicine, public health and the arts, the university is helping to build healthier, more educated communities in South Carolina and around the world.