The Professional Advisor is responsible for promoting a positive and successful learning experience for students in an effort to increase student retention, success and completion. The Professional Advisor will leverage a holistic approach in assisting students with goal setting and providing continuous communication and follow-up to maximize goal attainment.
ESSENTIALFUNCTIONS: 1.Advise prospective and current student cohorts on specific academic matters including but not limited to: choosing a course/major, course load, withdrawal/termination process, schedule adjustment, and career and transfer opportunities.
2. Participate in all retention and completion activities, including but not limited to Early Alert advising.
3. Provide and analyze data on student progress and completion rates
4. Connect students to academic and student service resources to support of student success.
5. Engage with faculty, academic departments and professional staff in student related services.
6. Participate in events including: Open House, HS recruitment, new student orientation, career and transfer events
7. Participate in on-going professional development and training.
8. Develops and deliver orientations, workshops, seminars and other professional development topics to all stakeholders, both in-person and online.
9. Attend staff meetings.
10. Provide services at all college locations, both in-person and virtually.
11. Create a welcoming and efficient space by greeting students, answering the phone in a professional manner and responding to email in a timely fashion.
12. Follow all college policies, procedures and processes.
13. Participate on committees and in activities as assigned
14. Comply with all safety, fire, and smoking regulations
15. Complete all mandatory compliance and safety training as scheduled by Human Resources.
Camden County College is one of the largest, most comprehensive community colleges in New Jersey and the surrounding region and is a vital resource for transfer education, workforce training, and cultural events. Its three distinct locations in Blackwood, Camden and Cherry Hill – along with its satellite locations in Lakeland, Sicklerville and elsewhere throughout the County – share the common mission of providing accessible, affordable higher education and occupational study to all who can benefit.The College also is recognized nationally as a leader in technology programs such as video game design/development and photonics. In addition, it is acknowledged for maintaining low tuition rates for many years. Perhaps most importantly, CCC is known for responding to the changing needs of the communities and students it serves by continuously updating its programs and services to support the economic development in this area and the professional and personal development of residents.