Location: Rockville, Maryland
Montgomery College, Office of the Senior Vice President for Student Affairs, has an immediate need for a full-time Presidential Scholars Program Director. The normal work schedule is 5 days, Monday - Friday 8:30am -5pm. This is a non-bargaining, exempt, grade 31 position. Montgomery College promotes and creates a working and learning environment rooted in the basic tenets of fairness, diversity, and inclusiveness. This position is eligible for telework up to 2 days per week after successful completion of initial employment probationary period.
Reporting to the Director of Student Affairs & Initiatives, the Presidential Scholars Program Director is a critical resource for the continued development, implementation, operation, and promotion of the Presidential Scholars Program (PSP) aimed at successfully providing and supporting a pathway to completion and economic mobility for African American/Black male students, and other students committed to this purpose. The Presidential Program Director directs, manages, and leads day-to-day operations of the Presidential Scholars Program. The Director will also collaborate with key persons Collegewide (divisions/departments/units) in addition to external partners and participants, to coordinate and provide the established foundational keys: (1) academic and student support services, (2) financial aid and basic needs support (3) mentorship and success coaching and (4) experimental learning and opportunities, for the student's success. The director will supervise program coordinators responsible for managing cohorts of students and support services in the program.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage and lead day-to-day operations of the Presidential Scholars Program (PSP), mindful of the established goals, and guided by the foundational keys to their success for providing a successful pathway to completion (retention, persistence, transfer, and graduation) and economic mobility for African American/Black male students and other students' commitment to their attainment.
- Work with key persons Collegewide to design, coordinate and provide the established foundational keys for their success.
- Supervise program facilitators (part-time non-instructional faculty) who will lead and manage cohorts of students in the program.
- Use data and research to provide direction for various PSP program and initiatives.
- Identify and executive impactful programs and events that lead to desired goals, including but not limited to educating faculty and staff on the ways PSP supports African American/Black, educating on research-based practices.
- Host the Maryland Male Student of Color Summit and other networking events and opportunities.
- Provide regular updates to Director of Student Affairs & Initiatives, including the Senior Vice Presidents for Student Affairs, Advancement and Community Engagement, and other stakeholders on the successes and challenges associated PSP initiatives as requested.
- Monitor the program budget and ensures accuracy of budget reports.
- Prepare and submit annual and program reports as needed.
PSP Recruitment and Admittance
- Works with the Director of Student Affairs & Initiatives to organize and implement recruitment efforts and admittance of students to the program.
- Recruits students directly to participate in the PSP program and works with others in the college (i.e. faculty, staff, academic and counseling advisors, etc.) to recruit students.
- Reviews student applicants and admit them based on established criteria and program capacity.
- Assigns students to cohorts.
Data and Assessment
- In collaboration with Institutional Research and other appropriate entities assesses programs and services in accordance with the goals.
- Gathers data, benchmark and assesses student(s) progression semester-to-semester, year-to-year.
- Assesses outcomes associated with PSP programs and initiatives.
- Assesses program effectiveness in addition to benchmarking PSP against similar programs for the purpose of necessary adaptation.
Branding, Marketing, and Promotion
- Works with Advancement and Community Engagement to continue developing Branding, Marketing, and Promotional Materials Responsible for establishing, updating, and managing the promotion, marketing, and branding of the program (i.e. website, social media, hard/soft copy of material).
- Master's degree in counselling, psychology, education or a related field.
- Five (5) years of experience in developing, implementing, evaluating and managing programs within the higher education field.
- Five (5) years of experience in program management including planning and development, managing, and marketing programs.
- Experience working with diverse student populations.
- Demonstrated experience in the design, development, and implementation of programs.
- Experience in program management, assessment, and evaluation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to lead group workshops and collaborate as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills as evidenced by application materials along with strong interpersonal and communication (written & oral) skills including public speaking.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher).
- Supervisory experience.
- Ability to work effectively with staff, the public, and outside constituency groups.
- Ability to work independently and exercise judgment in order to be able to analyze and investigate a variety of questions or problems.
- Familiarity with College policies and procedures.
Hiring Range: $74,445 to $96,786 annually. Initial salary placement is based on internal equity and relevant candidate experience. Please include a complete resume/application including all relevant or related experience.
- Click Here to apply online
- Submission of a cover letter is preferred.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable).
For international degrees, you must provide US degree equivalency verified by a nationally recognized credential evaluation service.
Participation in a retirement plan. If you are retired from the Maryland State System, you may not enroll in either the pension, or optional retirement plan, per state law.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
Open Until Filled