As a full-time employee, you will be eligible for the following employee benefits:
• Participation in medical, dental, and vision insurance and a flexible spending account
• Participation in a 403B plan
• Participation in tuition remission program
• Paid vacation, personal days, and holidays
• $25,000 company-paid life insurance & long-term disability
• Usage of the Recreation Center at no cost
• Discounted Meals
4 Year Degree
The position of Admissions Counselor exists to serve students by moving students through the process of admissions and counseling them to make realistic decisions based on the information provided as a result of the process. In addition, the goal is to enroll the best class possible by taking every aspect of recruitment personally and by owning the individual role.
• Advance the Christ-centered mission and culture of Clarks Summit University. • Seek to be a role model in attitude, speech, and actions in a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ. • Follow Matthew 18 principles in addressing issues with students, parents, faculty, and staff. • Show by example the importance of Scripture memorization, Bible study, prayer, witnessing, and Christian fellowship. • Be prepared to communicate the school’s religious beliefs to students and others who inquire. • Be ready to pray and offer spiritual advice to students, faculty, and staff.
Move prospective students through the Admissions Process • Recruit mission-fit students • Learn and understand the current admissions process • Review application submissions • Conduct student interviews • Assess the student’s progress to determine and communicate the next steps • Guide high school students, high school dual enrolled students, transfer students, international students, and other students with unique circumstances where needed
Manage prospective students’ progress • Process and file student’s application • Process and file student interviews • Process and evaluate high school and college transcripts as well as standardized tests • Document notes in CSU’s Enrollment Management Platform for each student
Build authentic relationships with prospective students and parents • Determine best medium of contact for a variety of students and parents • Communicate professionally via phone calls, texts, social media, email and other • communication platforms • Contact students on a regular and consistent basis • Show genuine interest and concern for prospective students’ lives • Be a constant resource of encouragement to both students and parents
Meet with prospective students who visit Clarks Summit University • Register students for visit events • Be readily available when students visit to connect and build relationships • Meet and greet students during their visit to help process communicated information • Create peak moments for guests • Communicate next steps and offer assistance when needed • Follow up with all guests immediately
Represent Clarks Summit University in a wide array of mediums • Attend Clarks Summit University sponsored events with the goal of recruitment • Travel for recruitment when necessary (college fairs, school visits, recruitment events, off-site student meetings)
Additional expertise based on personality and strengths in a variety of ways • Create email campaigns • Assist with social media and technology • Contribute to keeping up with cultural trends • Enhancing relationships with other departments outside of Admissions
Manage Tele-Counselors • Recommend Tele-Counselor recruitment to the Director of Admissions • Assist the Director of Admissions with onboarding and training Tele-Counselors • Manage Tele-Counselors to work with prospects and inquiries to assist with moves management (encouraging prospective students to apply or visit)
Collaborate effectively within department and interdepartmental relationships • Assist Guest Experience Coordinator with visit planning and visit days • Support Recruitment and Relations Administrator • Partner with Director Enrollment Services • Cooperate with Athletic Staff specifically coaches • Engage with Student Services and Registrar
• Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. • Be committed to furthering Clarks Summit University’s mission as a faith-based organization. • Be willing to submit to and honor the standards outlined in the Employee Handbook. • Be in complete support of and adherence to Clarks Summit University’s Standards of Conduct and Confession of Faith. • Faithfully attend a local church whose beliefs are in agreement with Clarks Summit University. • Bachelor’s degree preferred or experience in an Admissions role. • Basic knowledge of Outlook, Windows, Word and Excel or similar programs required. • Weekend hours and recruiting travel required • Contribute to a smooth, well-functioning team environment. • Regularly attends all meetings scheduled by the administration and institutional affiliates. • Interacts well with students, colleagues, and the community.
Clarks Summit University has prepared Christ-centered, career-ready graduates for more than 80 years. Founded in 1932, this private, Christian college embraces its Baptist convictions and propels graduates into careers and service opportunities around the globe.
CSU exists to prepare Christ-centered, career-ready graduates.