Fort Collins, Colorado
A cover letter is required for consideration.
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree preferred in the field of intercultural communication, international relations, or advising
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in foreign student or scholar advising
- Knowledge of SEVIS and student immigration regulations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to manage, analyze and resolve complicated immigration cases required
- Superior communication skills to educate students, university faculty and administrators on matters pertaining to nonimmigrant regulations and institutional policies
- Ability to understand, interpret and follow complex government regulations and institutional policies to non-native speakers of the English language
- Ability to maintain detailed immigration records, perform intricate immigration processing and ensure institutional compliance with student immigration regulations
- Patience, professionalism and high level of sensitivity when advising students in crisis required
- Ability to facilitate cross-cultural trainings, deliver effective group presentations and work effectively in a team setting required
- Adherence to Boston University's compliance policies and guidelines; sensitivity to highly confidential material required
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty will need to be in compliance with Boston University's COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University's response to COVID-19, please visit the COVID-19 Resources site.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.