The Success Advisor will hold one-on-one academic advising and career coaching appointments on various topics including, graduation plans, major/career exploration, decision making, maximizing campus opportunities, and goal clarification.
The Success Advisor is a member of an integrated college team providing individual academic, career, and related support to an assigned group of college students as they progress through a specific academic program. The Success Advisor provides a supportive environment of educational and career needs by ensuring students follow their approved course of study by building relationships with students while also guiding their career goals and reviewing pathways to graduation. The Success Advisor will engage students in post-graduate success by bridging the gap between college and lifelong career management skills; and develop educational programs and events and maintain key liaison relationships with university stakeholders.
Academic Advising and Career Coaching Students:
· Coach students in the appropriate academic and career guided pathways; provide academic advising, career coaching, and experiential learning support towards post-graduate success.
· Deliver comprehensive advising and coaching support to an assigned group of students through degree completion, including academic intervention for struggling students.
· Apply student development philosophy (appreciative advising, career theories) to provide comprehensive academic advising and career coaching to students from diverse backgrounds regarding degree program planning, career exploration and decisions, goal clarification, and personal life management.
· Review student progress and track students through the use of graduation plans and other academic support services
· Develop student graduation plans and provide semesterly touchpoints for students.
· Leverage alumni and other relationships to optimize opportunities for career outcomes.
Ohio University is home to one of the nation’s friendliest and most picturesque campuses. But more importantly, it’s where you can become part of a two-century tradition of excellence and embark upon a rewarding career that will make a real difference. From teaching and research to admissions, facilities maintenance, and residence life, our faculty and staff propel Ohio University’s mission of helping students become their best selves. OHIO offers competitive compensation and outstanding benefits. For a complete list of employment opportunities, please visit www.ohiouniversityjobs.com.Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity affirmative action institution. For more information about Ohio University’s policies prohibiting discrimination and harassment, visit www.ohio.edu/equity.