Days and Hours: AY: M-F 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Summer: M-Th 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
The Coordinator of Student Life and Engagement ensures opportunities for students to participate in extra and co-curricular student experiences at all CCC campuses. These include appropriate facilitation and supervision of club/organizational activities, student governance organizations and involvement opportunities that enhance the overall educational experiences through development of, exposure to, and participation in social, cultural, multicultural, intellectual, recreational, community service and student governance.
1. Promotes, organizes, and coordinates student life engagement activities at all College locations.
2. Manages the daily functions of the college's student life office and student life programming.
3. Serves as advisor to the Student Government Association and supervises SGA elections.
4. Supervises Club Advisors, including the college newspaper and radio station advisors.
5. Manages all aspects of the colleges 3 Food Pantries; supervises Food pantry manager.
6. Maintains accurate records of all Student Activities events and Student Government Association activities (including proposals, budgets, contacts, contracts, media/publicity, evaluations and 25Live requests).
7. Develops leadership training programs, seminars, and conferences for students in leadership roles.
8. Promotes and supports campus clubs and organizations; provides the creation and development of new clubs and organizations; provides an annual orientation for all clubs and organizations; maintains appropriate contact with all clubs and organizations, including advisors.
9. Assists with New Student Orientation.
10. Provides for chaperones, security, and maintenance coverage for all student sponsored events on campus.
11. Maintains and regularly publishes an up-to-date calendar of activities and events at CCC campuses.
12. Assists with the development of Wellness Activities including stress management, drug & alcohol compliance, mental health, diversity, equity, and inclusion programming.
13. Participates in College registration and advisement activities during peak periods with special cohorts.
14. Works with administration, faculty and students in developing policies related to the oversight of student social activities.
15. Comply with all safety, fire, and smoking regulations.
16. Complete all mandatory compliance and safety training as scheduled by Human Resources.
Performs all other duties as assigned
1. Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree in higher education leadership or related area preferred.
2. One to three years related work experience; preferably in a community college or university setting.
3. Ability to work as part of a cross-functional team in an innovative environment.
4. Ability to efficiently multi-task and conduct/complete independent work assignments and unstructured tasks within deadlines.
5. Ability to work a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends as needed required.
6. Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills; public speaking experience required.
7. Valid driver's license, insurance and personal vehicle required for multi-campus travel. 8. Experience in event planning, coordinating meetings and working on diversity, equity, and inclusive initiatives preferred.
9. Excellent customer service skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse population.
10. Demonstrated organizational skills with attention to detail.
11. Knowledge and experience using integrated software systems and Microsoft applications (with proficiency in Word, Outlook, Publisher, Excel and PowerPoint Presentation.
Camden County College is one of the largest, most comprehensive community colleges in New Jersey and the surrounding region and is a vital resource for transfer education, workforce training, and cultural events. Its three distinct locations in Blackwood, Camden and Cherry Hill – along with its satellite locations in Lakeland, Sicklerville and elsewhere throughout the County – share the common mission of providing accessible, affordable higher education and occupational study to all who can benefit.The College also is recognized nationally as a leader in technology programs such as video game design/development and photonics. In addition, it is acknowledged for maintaining low tuition rates for many years. Perhaps most importantly, CCC is known for responding to the changing needs of the communities and students it serves by continuously updating its programs and services to support the economic development in this area and the professional and personal development of residents.