The Title IX Coordinator is responsible for managing a diverse range of complex and confidential tasks. This includes ensuring compliance through the implementation and monitoring of federal and state mandated initiatives, including but not limited to: Title IX, VAWA and related laws and regulations, and for overseeing the development and management of Title IX and related policies and procedures, leadership of the college Title IX Team, training programs for all campus constituencies, oversight and coordination of investigations including delivery of supportive measures and record keeping, ensuring compliance.
1. Serves as the college's Title IX Coordinator, oversee and coordinate the intake and investigative process by ensuring that it is prompt, effective, comprehensive and equitable; addresses complaints of alleged gender-based discrimination, harassment, and violence made against students and employees of the college utilizing the relevant college policies and procedures.
2. Interprets and stays current with the applicable laws and regulations to maintain college compliance; completes annual training for Title IX professionals.
3. Develops, implements policies and procedures to achieve and maintain compliance with Title IX and associated regulations; coordinate with Director of College Security for Clery Act compliance.
4. Coordinates delivery of supportive measures, assistance, and resources to all parties involved in a complaint of gender discrimination, sexual misconduct, or sexual harassment.
5. Ensures the institution maintains accurate files of all Title IX complaints; develops and maintains internal metrics and reports to keep senior administration informed of Title IX activity on a regular basis and prepare an annual report related to compliance with regulations.
6. Implements and annually assesses Title IX and related training and educational programs to ensure training is consistent with federal and state training requirements; facilitates regular meetings of the college's Title IX Team, ensure all Title IX Team members meet annual training requirements.
7. Collaborates across College community to ensure the development and delivery of rich and meaningful training and awareness programs.
7. Develops and oversees Title IX related web pages and other promotional resources.
10. Identifies individuals for various Title IX roles (investigator, hearing panel member, etc.) - ensures initial and ongoing training.
11. Complete other duties as assigned.
The Successful Candidate Must Have
1. Bachelor's Degree
2. Minimum of three years experience in Title VII or Title IX management and administration, or experience managing employee relations matters in a collective bargaining environment
3. Demonstrate working knowledge of student conduct or employee relations (including grievances) processes, and knowledge of applicable laws such as, but not limited to; Title IX, Title VII, Section 504/ADA, the Clery Act, VAWA, and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Experience developing and delivering training and awareness/prevention programs to targeted audiences.
4. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, databases or other related technology that including the analysis and creation of detailed reports, charts, surveys, presentations, etc.
5. Current Title IX Coordinator Certification from appropriate professional body or willingness to obtain within one year of hire.
Even Better If You Have:
1. Master's Degree
2. Previous experience working at an institution of higher education.
For more than 50 years, Ocean County College, a public two-year college, has continued to provide value added higher education instruction to over 10,000 students annually. With more than 50 academic programs offering options for students to continue their studies and earn a bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree through a variety of partnerships with several prominent colleges in New Jersey, the college continues to explore and expand new and innovative programs that can be completed on-line and on campus. Centrally located in Toms River, NJ, the campus spans over 275 beautiful acres within a coastal community that affords student, employees and area residents the opportunity to benefit from a variety of cultural, recreational, entertainment and educational enrichment amenities.