College/Division: Division of Student Affairs and Academic Support
Department: SAAS UHS Health Services
Advertised Salary Range: Salary commensurate with qualifications.
Advertised Job Summary:
Looking for a great career with a healthy work/life balance? University of South Carolina's Student Health Services (SHS) offers competitive salaries with great benefits including health, retirement and generous paid time off for its full time staff. As a state organization, you will qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program as well. At SHS we pride ourselves on our innovative and collaborative work environment. You will work in a state-of-the-art facility with an amazing team of healthcare professionals that offer out-patient health services to our student population. Want to learn more? Visit our website: UofSC Student Health Services
We are looking for a physician who values high quality care and patient satisfaction and has a desire to work in a highly diverse and collaborative environment with patients, other clinicians, allied healthcare professionals, and clinical support staff and understands the relationship of health and wellness to student's academic success. This is a vibrant and highly rewarding position in a patient-centered medical home (PCMH).
As a licensed physician this position will:
· Follow evidence-based practices in the evaluation and treatment of patients
· Performs indicated office-based procedures
· Promote patient access and inclusive care by Incorporating wellness and prevention into patient visits through discussion and/or provision of educational materials and resources
· Coordinate patient care, consultations, and referrals within the department, and with other University, state, and community providers
· Exercise final medical judgment in all issues of health care
· Participate in quality improvement, practice improvement initiatives and other patient care programs
· Oversee advanced practice providers as well as nursing staff and provides leadership
· Assist in the resolution of complaints, requests and inquiries from patients
· Maintain confidentiality of all patient information according to federal guidelines and regulations.
Advertised Minimum Qualifications :
Bachelor's degree and 4 or more years of experience, which may be substituted by equivalent combination of certification, training, education, and/or experience. Graduation from an accredited medical school and completion of internship or 1 year residency training, and 2 years' experience as a physician. Board Certified in Specialty area and maintain throughout employment. Licensed or eligible (unrestricted) to practice medicine in the State of South Carolina. DEA Certificate required. Obtain and maintain credentialing, privileging and Board Certification. BLS for Healthcare certification or the ability to acquire
The University of South Carolina is a globally recognized, high-impact research university committed to a superior student experience and dedicated to innovation in learning, research and community engagement. Founded in 1801, the university offers more than 300 degree programs and is a top-tier Carnegie Foundation research institution. More than 50,000 students are enrolled at one of 20 locations throughout the state, including the research campus in Columbia. With 60 nationally ranked academic programs including top-ranked programs in international business, the nation's best honors college and distinguished programs in engineering, law, medicine, public health and the arts, the university is helping to build healthier, more educated communities in South Carolina and around the world.