At Frederick Community College we proudly serve the educational needs of our students, help develop the economic vitality of our local communities, and enrich the lives of Frederick County residents. Each year, more than 16, 000 students take a diverse scope of courses at Frederick Community College, located in Frederick, Maryland. Our vast range of courses includes quality instruction in more than 85 degree and certificate programs as well as workforce training and continuing education to meet the needs and interests of our community members. FCC proudly embraces and showcases academics, arts, athletics and more to provide pathways to success for all students. Each year we provide direct service to thousands of residents and indirect services to countless more. We credit our ability to deliver these services to the strength and commitment of our people. We invite you to explore all that we have to offer!
Relocation Provided?: No
This position provides vision and leadership for Disability Access Services (DAS), including Interpreting Services. The Director is responsible for developing, implementing, coordinating, and evaluating programs and comprehensive services that provide students with disabilities access to education through the provision of accommodations. This position works closely with faculty, staff, and administrators of the College to ensure that appropriate services, accommodations, and aids are provided to students with disabilities in all aspects of their college experience. This position requires the ability to use varying styles and approaches that reflect an understanding and acceptance of the role of culture in a diverse, inclusive, and multicultural workplace. This position supports enrollment, retention, and completion initiatives of the College.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following are the functions essential to performing this job:
1. Interpret, evaluate, and verify disability-related documentation to determine eligibility for and develop reasonable accommodations for students with disabilities.
2. Serve as a consultant on all Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act issues affecting students. This position will also serve as the ADA/504 Compliance Officer for students.
3. Oversee training and outreach to faculty and staff on post-secondary disability services and matters related to College access and compliance.
4. Develop policies and procedures that address the needs and concerns of students with disabilities and ensure campus compliance with all applicable federal laws.
5. Conduct intake interviews with students who may have a disability and provide resources for psycho-educational, medical, or other diagnostic assessments as appropriate.
6. Provide training to faculty, tutors, and other providers of academic support services in the use of individualized instruction techniques to support the needs of students with disabilities.
7. Provide consultation to employees regarding the accommodation process, College policies and procedures, and general issues related to students with disabilities.
8. Supervise, train, and evaluate DAS staff members.
9. Provide budgetary oversight and authorize program expenditures for Disability Access Services and Interpreting Services.
10. Evaluate and select appropriate assistive/adaptive technology for student use and provide training to students, faculty, and staff as needed.
11. Collect, analyze, evaluate, and report data regarding services and program participants
12. Ensure the confidential maintenance of student records.
13. Serve as a liaison to Frederick County Public Schools and other local agencies regarding the transition of individuals with disabilities to the College; collaborate with local service providers to facilitate appropriate referrals for community services as needed.
14. Support various enrollment, retention, and completion initiatives of the College.
Salary: $74,723 - $82,195 annually
FCC offers a generous benefits package which includes medical insurance, dental and vision plans, waiver of FCC tuition for employee and eligible dependents, tuition reimbursement, generous leave benefits, retirement plans, and more! Frederick Community College prohibits discrimination against any person on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status in its activities, admissions, educational programs, and employment. Frederick Community College, an equal opportunity employer, values campus diversity in students and staff and encourages members from historically under-represented groups to apply.
Frederick Community College (FCC) is a public college accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE). FCC is distinguished by its quality and affordability, making it attainable and valuable for local students. Accredited programs, comprehensive instruction, and affordable costs of attendance have made FCC the learning destination for more than 200,000 students since 1957.