Founded in 1967, Rosseau Lake College is a small, co-educational, preparatory day and boarding school for students in grades 6-12. We are a school that is unafraid to challenge the conventions and traditions of education at large, relentless in innovating highly-engaging programming that extensively integrates experiential learning with our stunning natural landscape, the environment at large and indigenous knowledge and history through our Seven Generations Program. Located in Muskoka, about two hours north of Toronto, our mission is to create extraordinary learning opportunities rooted in meaningful outdoor educational experiences in our unique natural environment. At RLC, you will be a member of a highly collaborative team, supportive and encouraging of creativity and innovation as we collectively work to ensure our vision of being the school of choice for students looking to be conscientious stewards of our ever-changing world. Our campus will be a home that inspires deep connections to the environment. Our values will reflect our roots and guide us into the future. The Assistant Head of School, Student Services is primarily responsible for overseeing and ensuring the best possible student experience at Rosseau Lake College, in Community and Boarding Life, Health and Wellness, Guidance and Student Success. The role therefore involves being a highly visible community leader who works to oversee the well-being of the school and its community.
- Understanding, modeling and executing the Mission, Vision, Values, and Strategic Objectives of Rosseau Lake College and creating an environment that is inclusive where individual strengths and uniquenesses are valued and celebrated.
- Provide visionary leadership with innovative strategic initiatives to establish RLC programs of distinction for a transformational student experience.
- Work with the Head of School in commercial ventures including summer business operations.
- Support Co-curricular Programming, in collaboration with the Director of Program Integration, ensuring it meets the mission of RLC and student interests.
- Elevate Community Life systems and programs in collaboration with the Director of Community Life.
- Elevate Boarding Life systems and programs in collaboration with the Director of Boarding Life.
- Support students with course selection and post-secondary planning, including College and University program exploration and the application process.
- Oversee and support the Administrative Assistant and Director of Program Integration with the management of the student OSRs, development of student report cards, transcripts, and appropriate documents.
- Ensure RLC’s Student Success program inspires increased student learning by developing transferable skills ? Oversee and support RLC’s Wellness initiatives.
- Oversee and support Health Services.
- Work in conjunction with the Head of School to facilitate and update Risk Management protocols.
- Represent the Head of School when necessary at meetings and events.
- Guide team members and oversee their professional growth.
- Organize and coordinate faculty recruitment and hiring with the Assistant Head of School, Academics.
- In collaboration with the Assistant Head of School, Academics, oversee faculty orientation, training, mentoring, and evaluation.
- Work closely with the Head of School and the Leadership team to address faculty, student, and parent concerns.
- Establish and strengthen relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Serve as a member on various committees at the discretion of the Head of School.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Post Secondary Education, including OCT
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in education in leading and managing programs and people
Previous experience at an Independent School, an asset
- High energy and enthusiasm for all aspects of school life.
- A reputation for acting with integrity and being values-driven and respectful.
- A track record for strong leadership which fosters a culture of engagement and trust.
- A passion for outdoor, experiential, interdisciplinary, and inquiry-based learning.
- A commitment to lifelong learning with a pioneering spirit and a penchant for innovation.
- Experience and knowledge in outdoor education programs.
- Experience in operational management, including implementing strategic and operational plans.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills with all stakeholder groups: parents, colleagues, students, First Nations, local community members, alumni, and the Board of Directors.
- Strong fiscal and resource management experience, business acumen, and proven experience in risk management.
- Strong people management skills and team leadership capabilities with a commitment to growing and developing people.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and express their interest by submitting their resume and cover letter to [email protected] by no later than November 18th, 2022.
Rosseau Lake College thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Rosseau Lake College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process, and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process. If you require accommodations, please contact [email protected]