#2015 Academic Advisor (Recruiter - Working Title) - Band 8
Jefferson Community and Technical College
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: 78771
The Admissions Department of Jefferson Community and Technical College has an opening for a Recruiter. Candidates fluent in Spanish, Arabic, or East African Languages are preferred.
The primary responsibilities are:
· Focused recruitment of high school and foreign-born students, as well as participating in recruitment opportunities for transfer students and non-traditional students, including adult learners age 25 and older
· Serving as the primary contact for F1 Visa international students during the Admissions process, including recruitment, informational sessions with students and families, processing F1 Visa application materials, creating initial I-20 and acceptance documents for new students, guiding students through initial Visa application or change of status, facilitating SEVIS record transfers, and transitioning students to International Student Services at the point of enrollment
· Working closely with the Director of International Student Services to cereate a welcoming, culturally sensitive college experience
· Participating in college and/or career fairs and recruiting events at local high schools and other locations throughout the community
· Working with high school ELL (English Language Learner) populations to schedule and host Admissions presentations, Application Squads, and Next Steps Squads at high schools located in Jefferson's 10 service counties
· Advising potential applicants on the Admissions process and following up as appropriate when questions arise
· Maintaining communication with prospective students using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools and other web-based recruiting/retention services, including keeping virtual
Jefferson Community and Technical College, based in Louisville, Ky., is the largest of 16 colleges forming the Kentucky Community and Technical College System. It encompasses six campuses in four counties with over 12,000 students enrolled on campus and in on-line programs. It is a comprehensive, public postsecondary institution providing students access to a wide variety of programs of study including allied health, business, engineering technologies, general education transfer studies, information technologies, and trade and industry technologies. It awards associate degrees, diplomas and certificates. At Jefferson, we foster an active and inclusive learning environment and value working with students from diverse backgrounds. We have a strong commitment to community-building and inclusion.