Overview: Provide secretarial and administrative support to the office of IA/Athletics and the Sr. Assistant Vice President/Associate AD for External Relations, as well as auxiliary support to the offices of Athletic Marketing and the College Ticket Office.
1. Coordinate with Institutional Advancement and the Athletic Business office on all budgetary issues. Oversee the processing of all purchase requisitions and invoices for athletic development, athletic marketing, and the ticket office. Monitor budgets and other financial activities that may require proficiency with math and bookkeeping.
2. Collaborate with key College personnel on cross-functional projects and tasks involving the President’s Office, Institutional Advancement, the office of the Athletic Director, Athletic Development, Athletic Marketing, and Ticket Office, and Student Affairs.
3. Oversee all event registrations for athletic development related events and attend functions and events as required, including weekends and evenings. Organize and schedule donor events in coordination with Institutional Advancement, including but not limited to the annual season ticket holder appreciate party, athletic donor party, and other sport specific events.
4. Assist the Sr. Associate AD for External Affairs with contact and follow up with principal donors and the development of principal donor solicitation proposals.
5. Prepare, review, copy, and file a variety of memos, correspondence, transmittals, reports, forms, and documents. Organize and maintain calendars, schedules, filing systems, and records that may include confidential donor information. Prepare and maintain records, files, and databases, some of which may be confidential.
Marginal Duties: 1. Answer phones, greet and direct visitors to appropriate areas or persons. 2. Perform intermediate and advanced computer functions, including managing databases, creating, analyzing, integrating, and importing linked spreadsheets, creating mail, envelope and table merges, creating and editing captions, adding graphics, editing images, footnotes, endnotes, indices, tables of content, creating master documents and reports using information from several sources. 3. Perform all other duties as may be required.
Education and Experience Required:
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Three to five years’ experience in fundraising, preferably in an athletic setting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Exceptional interpersonal skills to work with colleagues, donors, and prospects.
Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
Working knowledge of word processing and database systems. Experience with Affinaquest and/or Salesforce a plus.
Team player with strong organizational skills and the ability to work under deadline pressure and to prioritize assignments while juggling multiple tasks.
Some evenings and weekends may be necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time
Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction
Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard
Communication skills using the spoken word
Ability to see within normal parameters
Ability to hear within normal range
Ability to move about
Providence College does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, gender, except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, or genetic information. The College will develop, and from time to time update, an affirmative action program and will insist on a good-faith effort on the part of its employees to comply with the program. The College will request and expect its agents and those with whom it conducts its affairs to meet the commitment of this important program.
Providence College, a primarily undergraduate, liberal arts, Catholic institution of higher education conducted under the auspices of the Dominican Friars, seeks candidates who can affirm and contribute to its mission. The College is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment that supports all of its students, faculty, and staff. All members of the community share a responsibility for creating, maintaining, and developing a learning experience valuing differences and practicing inclusion. We invite applications from qualified individuals who possess the experience, knowledge, and commitment to work within a diverse learning environment. Women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Providence College is an equal opportunity employer.
Providence College does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, gender, except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, or genetic information. The College will develop, and from time to time update, an affirmative action program and will insist on a good-faith effort on the... part of its employees to comply with the program. The College will request and expect its agents and those with whom it conducts its affairs to meet the commitment of this important program.