Classification Title: Administrative Coordinator I
College/Division: Division of Student Affairs and Academic Support
Department: SAAS Student Life
Advertised Salary Range: Salary commensurate with qualifications.
Advertised Job Summary:
The Billing Coordinator provides a seamless customer service experience for all parties in their interaction with the Department of Student Life. The Billing Coordinator provides significant support to Fraternity and Sorority Life in the management of associated billing processes and system/process maintenance. Additionally, the billing coordinator is a member of the Student Life finance team providing business support and training to departmental units within the department of Student Life.
Primary duties include:
· Provides administrative support to the Department of Student Life. Responsible for answering telephones, greeting guests, and responding appropriately to inquiries.
· Addresses inquiries regarding removal/addition of university fees associated with participation in Fraternity and Sorority Life and residential facilities within the Greek Village.
· Processes Greek Village housing applications and manages the online billing process for all houses and house corporations in the Greek Village, including the preparation of documents for fee uploads, changes, and additions.
· Supports the shared services model within The Department of Student Life. Serves as a purchasing cardholder for the Department of Student Life.
· Serves as a member of the Student Life Finance Team. Provides support and training to departmental employees on the utilization of departmental funds, including proper procurement procedures, and ensures compliance with all applicable policies.
Advertised Minimum Qualifications :
Bachelor's degree and 3 years related experience in business management, public administration, or administrative services; or equivalency.
The University of South Carolina is a globally recognized, high-impact research university committed to a superior student experience and dedicated to innovation in learning, research and community engagement. Founded in 1801, the university offers more than 300 degree programs and is a top-tier Carnegie Foundation research institution. More than 50,000 students are enrolled at one of 20 locations throughout the state, including the research campus in Columbia. With 60 nationally ranked academic programs including top-ranked programs in international business, the nation's best honors college and distinguished programs in engineering, law, medicine, public health and the arts, the university is helping to build healthier, more educated communities in South Carolina and around the world.