The Phi Mu Greek Village property manager is a full-time staff member of the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life who is responsible for the quality of living in a sorority house at the University of South Carolina. Primary duties include supervision of staff, maintenance and facility operations, residential program development and implementation, crisis management and student support. The property manager is responsible for working with a local house corporation. This is a live-in position that requires 24/7 facility management and presence while residents are in the facility. Property managers also serve in the on-call duty rotation.
Primary duties include:
· Establish and maintain vendor relationships for procurement of all goods and services
· Complete safety and security- related administrative tasks
· Ensure that effective crisis management procedures are in place, reviewed and practiced
· Promote an inclusive and welcoming environment that celebrates an appreciation for diversity within the house.
· Serve as a resource for all chapter members regarding campus support services and services in the local community.
· Represent student needs by following up on their concerns and questions promptly and personally, and communicate specific issues to your supervisor or other appropriate offices
· Serve as an effective liaison between university/fraternity/sorority members and the House Corporations and external constituents such as alumni. Maintain timely and open communication with the House Corporation board members and other advisors.
Advertised Minimum Qualifications :
Master's degree in Student Personnel Services, Higher Education, Counseling or related degree from an accredited institution and one year related experience or bachelor's degree plus three years' experience required.
This position has been designated as essential personnel during inclement / hazardous weather and other emergencies. In addition, this position requires a variable work schedule. Evening and weekend hours will be required.
The University of South Carolina is a globally recognized, high-impact research university committed to a superior student experience and dedicated to innovation in learning, research and community engagement. Founded in 1801, the university offers more than 300 degree programs and is a top-tier Carnegie Foundation research institution. More than 50,000 students are enrolled at one of 20 locations throughout the state, including the research campus in Columbia. With 60 nationally ranked academic programs including top-ranked programs in international business, the nation's best honors college and distinguished programs in engineering, law, medicine, public health and the arts, the university is helping to build healthier, more educated communities in South Carolina and around the world.